Southampton

NurembergVillan

Their signing policy in the summer said alot. Sign young players and hope you can sell them on at a profit. Not a sustainable strategy. Once their old sugar daddy owner died and his daughter took over ownership they were always going to struggle. She has no interest in them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Their signing policy in the summer said alot. Sign young players and hope you can sell them on at a profit. Not a sustainable strategy.

No that is the only sustainable strategy for most teams in the league. Just sometimes you run out of luck. They are probably due a relegation.

• Like 1

Southampton have had two owners since Katharina Liebherr, Gao Jisheng and then he sold them to Dragan Šolak earlier this year. Liebherr family left back in 2017.

When Šolak's company bought them earlier this year there was big thing made of how they were going to follow a similar model to Brentford, which I guess is what they've been trying to do with all these young signings, not really sure how Nathan Jones fits into it though, I could be wrong but I don't think he's particularly known for nurturing young players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

No that is the only sustainable strategy for most teams in the league. Just sometimes you run out of luck. 

It's not sustainable  because your signings aren't going to work out most of the time. You need a balance of known quality players, a good manager and a few prospects. Southampton sold players like Ings and didn't replace them. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

£4m compensation for Jones.

Neil Critchley might come into contention for the Luton job.

From a Southampton forum:

"Tonight, we need every supporter in the ground to chant "WE DONT WANT JONES"
very loudly, none stop throughout the game......and just maybe the management might listen."

They are not happy.

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

very loudly, none stop throughout the game......and just maybe the management might listen."

They are not happy.

Funny attitude, why don't they give him a chance. Their greatest ever manager, Lawrie McMenemy, came from Grimsby Town.

46 minutes ago, Mantis said:

They are not happy.

yet the media thought we were ungrateful to Gerrard

Poor fans eh. This time last week we were  only above them due to the alphabet. Now we have Emery and they have Nathan Fookin Jones. I do feel for them. Sometimes the decisions football boards make are impossible to understand. 

On 07/11/2022 at 14:50, Demitri_C said:

Given permission to speak to Nathan  jones of luton. I think thats them relegated if they appoint him.

He's been gone far too long. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is a seriously bad appointment.  This is going to end badly for them i think

It might be but he has earned the job so not sure the issue

any managerial appointment is a risk

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

It might be but he has earned the job so not sure the issue

any managerial appointment is a risk

How has he earned it? I dont think he has at all to be honest

This is a massive risk. They should have tried to go for someone more established like nuno

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How has he earned it? I dont think he has at all to be honest

This is a massive risk. They should have tried to go for someone more established like nuno

He wont the Championship Manager of the Season last season with Luton one of the smaller teams in the league nearly getting promoted

He done more in the Championship than Potter did before he got the Brighton job

Â