Southampton

NurembergVillan

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think they let down Hassnhuttl in the market. They paid big in the summer but signed unproven talent, not even players from other leagues but think gave City about 50 million for 3 kids

They have been a selling club and he has probably overachieved by keeping them up for 3/4 seasons

to be fair the best of those 3 has been lavia whose been injured for weeks. they've not been the same since he's been out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I like to think we have moved on from that. He has turned 28 so would again be a signing with no potential upsale.

not seen much of them this season but saints fans say he's been utter cack

Ralph's not a bad manager. Just time catching up with Southampton I feel. Its an achievement for a selling club to stay in the league every season. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Given permission to speak to Nathan  jones of luton. I think thats them relegated if they appoint him.

Just had a look at a Southampton forum, and they are not happy. Pretty much guaranteed relegation now.  

Us getting Emery is absolutely huge in comparison, even Wolves getting Lopetegui is a far more exciting appointment.  I'd be devastated if I was a Southampton fan.

We should put a cheeky bid in for Ward-Prowse in January.

Edited by duke313

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

to be fair the best of those 3 has been lavia whose been injured for weeks. they've not been the same since he's been out

No problem buying youngsters but they needed a lot more over last few seasons. They didnt replace Ings properly, Romeu I think left and needed to rebuild a solid spine

48 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Just had a look at a Southampton forum, and they are not happy. Pretty much guaranteed relegation now.  

Us getting Emery is absolutely huge in comparison, even Wolves getting Lopetegui is a far more exciting appointment.  I'd be devastated if I was a Southampton fan.

We should put a cheeky bid in for Ward-Prowse in January.

I think there are some decent players at Southampton if they go down.

JWP i think has gine back wards since he rejected us and signed new deal. Bet he is kicking himself a bit now

As for jones its awful appointment jones hasnt really done anything to warrant a job like Southampton 

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think there are some decent players at Southampton if they go down.

JWP i think has gine back wards since he rejected us and signed new deal. Bet he is kicking himself a bit now

As for jones its awful appointment jones hasnt really done anything to warrant a job like Southampton 

He was the Championship Manager of the season and got Luton to the play offs which I imagine is one of the leagues smaller budgets

He might not deserve it but I can think of more undeserving managers with shitter CVs getting better jobs recently

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was the Championship Manager of the season and got Luton to the play offs which I imagine is one of the leagues smaller budgets

He might not deserve it but I can think of more undeserving managers with shitter CVs getting better jobs recently

Wonder who your referring too 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not really a selling club though are they. Lost a few good players recently who've went into the last year of their deal mind you.

No, they haven't really been a 'selling club' for 3 or 4 seasons now. I think their signings in the summer were if anything a conscious effort to get some re-sellable assets. 

They’re recruitment and academy used to be so good, the last crop of academy graduates in JWP, Chambers and Shaw are 27-28 then the likes of Lallana, Bale, Wallcot, Ox and so in in early 30’s  what have they been doing for the last 7 years?

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not really a selling club though are they. Lost a few good players recently who've went into the last year of their deal mind you.

Since they got promoted they've lost players like Van Dijk, Mane,  Hojbjerg,  Luke Shaw, Danny Ings, Calum Chambers, Lallana, Lovren (etc).    Southampton could put together a team of former players who are still active and they'd probably push for Europe. 

3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Since they got promoted they've lost players like Van Dijk, Mane,  Hojbjerg,  Luke Shaw, Danny Ings, Calum Chambers, Lallana, Lovren (etc).    Southampton could put together a team of former players who are still active and they'd probably push for Europe. 

Most of those were sold several seasons ago though, the reality is recently they haven't really been a 'selling club' because they haven't had many players people would want to buy. 

Â