Southampton

NurembergVillan

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Some good players we should be raiding if they go down.....JWP/Livramento/Bella-Kotchap all worth looking at.....I forgot Broja was on loan from chelsea lol

Lavia is best of the bunch down there. Word is Chelsea want to sign him but you'd like to think if we showed a serious interest we'd be in contention.

I also think Kyle Walkers Peters is a decent player so given we need younger fullbacks I think he'd be a good addition at around 10m.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Lavia is best of the bunch down there. Word is Chelsea want to sign him but you'd like to think if we showed a serious interest we'd be in contention.

I also think Kyle Walkers Peters is a decent player so given we need younger fullbacks I think he'd be a good addition at around 10m.

They have an 38 million buy option on him apparently, he was a youth team player for chelsea for over a decade so i could definitely see them buying him back, especially with the reece james injury situation. Walker peters isnt bad and is still quite young aswell, we have certainly made worse signings than him so i wouldnt be averse to that, could probably get him cheaper than that aswell if he wants to force a move

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Carlos Alcaraz signed for 13 mil....that is a good signing, they need to start picking up results soon if they want to stay up though

Everton Saturday that's a chance.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Apparently the full interview was sufficiently bizarre (I haven't seen it all) that he's now on the edge of the sack. 

I watched it and unsurprisingly he was misquoted, he said Luton were statistically one of the best teams in Europe over a number of stats

It was interesting since he seemed to hold his hand up and admit he has made mistakes compared to the same cliche crap you get from some managers and was trying to explain his style of play.

He has definitely got himself in trouble as he seems to be criticising either senior players or senior staff members

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I watched it and unsurprisingly he was misquoted, he said Luton were statistically one of the best teams in Europe over a number of stats

It was interesting since he seemed to hold his hand up and admit he has made mistakes compared to the same cliche crap you get from some managers and was trying to explain his style of play.

He has definitely got himself in trouble as he seems to be criticising either senior players or senior staff members

I need to watch the whole thing, all I've seen is the clip above and then heard Chris Sutton insisting on 5 Live last night that they would have to sack him as a result, which seems to have been echoing other opinions voiced elsewhere. 

I don't really understand the media reaction to managers' press interviews anyway. Surely it's on the whole better for them if managers say things that are vaguely interesting, rather than just following standard scripts. Yet the general reaction tends to be that anyone going even slightly off-script is basically suffering a mental breakdown. 

Â