VillaGoMarching

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

It was a strong tackle and intended to leave a mark, but it wasn't like Mee's.

Watch the clip. He's in full control, not an outrageous forceful lunge, and adjusts to win the ball well. 

Obviously, it's a shame that Doherty is out. 

Imagine confusing ‘ref our knees just clashed’ with ‘ref, we’re intentionally going in hard to rough up the opposition with reckless abandon’.

Actually just, imagine being a Spurs fan that uses the Y word.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Imagine confusing ‘ref our knees just clashed’ with ‘ref, we’re intentionally going in hard to rough up the opposition with reckless abandon’.

Actually just, imagine being a Spurs fan that uses the Y word.

They were singing the Y Army song all game on Saturday - baffling 

This is a better video of it than the Tweet above. I thought he was a lucky boy tbh. I did post along the lines of it being similar to Mee's - I'd not watched that in quite some time, and after rewatching that this afternoon, Mee's was a bit worse as he's more wrapped around the leg, but they're not 100 miles apart, he ends up with his legs either side of Doherty's standing leg, and I think Cash is lucky to stay on the pitch, and Doherty is lucky it's not a more severe injury.

The commentator says he sees nothing wrong with it, which is absolutely baffling IMO

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is a better video of it than the Tweet above. I thought he was a lucky boy tbh. I did post along the lines of it being similar to Mee's - I'd not watched that in quite some time, and after rewatching that this afternoon, Mee's was a bit worse as he's more wrapped around the leg, but they're not 100 miles apart, he ends up with his legs either side of Doherty's standing leg, and I think Cash is lucky to stay on the pitch, and Doherty is lucky it's not a more severe injury.

The commentator says he sees nothing wrong with it, which is absolutely baffling IMO

I think a booking would be fair for it. What I’m questioning is the body language shit suggesting we’ve gone out there to injure their players. 

“I know what that gesture means” lol

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

I think a booking would be fair for it. What I’m questioning is the body language shit suggesting we’ve gone out there to injure their players. 

Yeah I think that's complete BS. Just a bit high/mistimed, I don't think Cash has gone in to do anything but win the ball.

I can see why their fans are pissed - one of them has been a bit overly precious and put a compilation together for our viewing pleasure. Some of these are absolutely nothing, but I think the Mings one is very nasty as well, that's a potential leg-breaker - again he wins the ball, but he goes straight through the man, and scissors his leg between his. Can't recall if that was even a free kick on the day, but it could have been a career impacting injury on another day

Then there's one after for Ings, which as far as I can tell if just video evidence of their players throwing themselves to the floor with barely any contact :D 

• Like 1

Apart from Ashley Young's cynical trip and Dougie trying to act hard, I think the rest are good, strong, honest attempts to win the ball and put pressure on. It's good to see compare to some of the passive matches we've been guilty of. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

I think the rest are good, strong, honest attempts to win the ball and put pressure on. 

I agree they're honest (and successful) attempts to win the ball, but I can't call the Cash and Mings tackles "good", and I think we'd be screaming bloody murder if they were made on our players and not punished more severely. Watch those again and think about what happens if either of the opponents have their legs planted. They're dangerous tackles, even if they win the ball, and players shouldn't be getting away with them these days. I don't think either of them are malicious, but they're dangerous.

Thought Mings one was similar to Saka, got the ball but a bit forceful on the follow through. Cash was certainly lucky not to get a yellow. What's amusing is Regullion came straight on and Ings caught him late 10 seconds later and think he was only one to get booked.

I imagine Gerrard was fed up of our passive first halves and told us to do something about it so players probably though they should all slide in aggressively for 50/50s to show him. Our general pressing and winning ball back in first half was really good, shame it didn't last.

I'm genuinely at a loss as to why people think Cash should've been booked.  Is it purely because Doherty got injured?  He wins the ball and doesn't have both feet off the ground until Doherty hits him.

The fact that Doherty is running means there's bound to be a collision, but it's just a good tackle.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm genuinely at a loss as to why people think Cash should've been booked.  Is it purely because Doherty got injured?  He wins the ball and doesn't have both feet off the ground until Doherty hits him.

The fact that Doherty is running means there's bound to be a collision, but it's just a good tackle.

I would have been fuming had it been given a foul. It’s a good challenge. 

with the use of "lame" im guessing thats from an american poster who might not see it as the old days of proper tackling are sadly going

there's nothing in that tackle, doherty's body shape is whats got him injured, he's half turning and not braced for the contact

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Thought Mings one was similar to Saka, got the ball but a bit forceful on the follow through.

I thought it was similar other than the fact that Saka didn't arrive until about five seconds after the Saka one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2022 at 03:06, bobzy said:

Come on ... be honest Cash, took him out. He went in with his balls first!

• 4 weeks later...
Â