VillaGoMarching

On 19/02/2022 at 08:41, VillaChris said:

Did Conte just go there for the pay off.

Saw his piece on football focus and it was proper woe is me and violin music piece.

Amusing how all these top managers go to Spurs knowing what Levy's like....and then whinge about the harsh conditions of working under him.

Guess Conte's just a bit down he didn't get his new shiny Adama Traore toy in the January sales.

Think you were on the money here. Did you see his interview today? He’s practically begging to be sacked. 

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

Think you were on the money here. Did you see his interview today? He’s practically begging to be sacked. 

It was always very surprising how he took the job to begin with, especially knowing the transfer situation. Someone wants that sweeeeet pay off. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It’s madness if he thinks he can “quit” and be paid off.

Either walk away, or fully commit. If this was Villa we’d be furious.

He has done it twice already at Chelsea and Inter and got huge payoffs.Both times he had something about being backed in the transfer market to a certain amount and it was a breach of contract

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has done it twice already at Chelsea and Inter and got huge payoffs.Both times he had something about being backed in the transfer market to a certain amount and it was a breach of contract

Fair enough if the owner didn’t deliver on the contract.

On 24/02/2022 at 07:52, Genie said:

It’s madness if he thinks he can “quit” and be paid off.

Either walk away, or fully commit. If this was Villa we’d be furious.

I'd still take him here in the summer if Gerrard continues to flatline at alarming rate.

We demand proven manager on here all the time and not like the ones in last few years can say they haven't been backed under this ownership, even Bruce got his "waif and stray" of Tammy on season long loan.

Get the feeling he fancied living in London again for a few months. Apparently when Spurs were having all those games called off just before xmas for covid Conte was just in the west end buying xmas presents every day.😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I'd still take him here in the summer if Gerrard continues to flatline at alarming rate.

We demand proven manager on here all the time and not like the ones in last few years can say they haven't been backed under this ownership, even Bruce got his "waif and stray" of Tammy on season long loan.

Get the feeling he fancied living in London again for a few months. Apparently when Spurs were having all those games called off just before xmas for covid Conte was just in the west end buying xmas presents every day.😆

Not for me. I want a manager that is here for the long-term not short-term. Hopefully Gerrard is that man. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PaulC said:

thats not until 2024 when Klopp's contract expires so that will give us another 2 seasons after this one if he is successful 

So thats ok but Conte leaving in 2 years isnt ok? 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

So thats ok but Conte leaving in 2 years isnt ok? 

Its irrelovant debate anyway as theres no way we would get Conte but yes I'd rather not get rid of Gerrard after half a season and get a man that doesnt stick around to complete the job his doing at Spurs. 

On 24/02/2022 at 09:49, bannedfromHandV said:

He’s not right in the head is he surely, wasn’t it just this last weekend he declared the squad ‘the best he’s ever had’ after beating city?

Perhaps it’s just that time of the month for him.

I think he said something like they are the nicest group of players or something, IIRC it came across as more complementing them as people than their football skills.

Â