VillaGoMarching

Spurs did the double over City and drew twice with Liverpool last season, they seem genuinely one of the only teams that could challenge them this season. I think they’ll finish above Chelsea as things stand. Hopefully something Spursy happens though and they implode with Conte walking out 😀

Definately the club of the summer in terms of strengthening.

Clement Lenglet, Bissouma, Richarlison ,, Forster Perisic and looks like Djed Spence . . 

They are going for it.  Just shows that Levy has finally met his match. 

37 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Definately the club of the summer in terms of strengthening.

Clement Lenglet, Bissouma, Richarlison ,, Forster Perisic and looks like Djed Spence . . 

They are going for it.  Just shows that Levy has finally met his match. 

None of them get in the Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea team.

Controversially, I think only Bissouma gets in our first team. 

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

None of them get in the Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea team.

Controversially, I think only Bissouma gets in our first team. 

Perisic would if we played with wide players or wing backs

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Sounds like Spurts players came back too fat and happy.

It was the 3rd training session in just over a day. They will be extremely fit this season

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It was the 3rd training session in just over a day. They will be extremely fit this season

Hopefully Gerrard is paying attention. Our fitness levels have been inconsistent over recent years. 

Athleticism is one of the easiest edges to get.  Watford tore us to shreds on the opening day last season for that very reason.  Obviously it’s a fine line between having players who super fit and players who are utterly miserable but it’s one Conte walks well. Hopefully Villa follow suit. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I can see more injuries too

Considering the manager has won leagues with 3 different teams including the Premier League then I think they know what they are doing

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Considering the manager has won leagues with 3 different teams including the Premier League then I think they know what they are doing

You can be the greatest manager of all time,  that doesnt mean anything whrn it comes to player injuries. Furthermore a world cup year. Only so much a human body can take

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Really enjoyed the pointless ness of Richarlison's booking yesterday. Could only have been bettered by being his second 

Could argue it shouldn't be a yellow, because he only got the yellow due to a refereeing error. If the lino correctly put up their flag, he wouldn't have gotten a yellow.

26 minutes ago, a-k said:

Could argue it shouldn't be a yellow, because he only got the yellow due to a refereeing error. If the lino correctly put up their flag, he wouldn't have gotten a yellow.

Yes, I did  wonder that. But I suppose the rule is not taking your shirt off at any point, not just after a goal is scored  - ref could hardly ignore it if he celebrated by, say, lighting a firework and dropping it down the goalie's shorts

33 minutes ago, a-k said:

Thats what i thought. Surely that should be taken off. Would have bene interested to see if that was his second yellow what they would have done? Can this scenario happening one day. Something new for them to cause controversially 

I still dont get why shirt removal is a bloody yellow. Its passion

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2022 at 13:45, Demitri_C said:

Thats what i thought. Surely that should be taken off. Would have bene interested to see if that was his second yellow what they would have done? Can this scenario happening one day. Something new for them to cause controversially 

I still dont get why shirt removal is a bloody yellow. Its passion

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it exactly happened

Arkadiusz Milik thought he had scored a 95th-minute winner but it was offside.

Milik, who had already been booked, took his shirt off in celebration and was sent off.

While Juventus celebrated what they thought was the winning goal, it was announced it would be checked by the VAR official.

That sparked an on-pitch brawl, with Salernitana's Federico Fazio and Juventus' Juan Cuadrado both shown straight red cards, while Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri was also dismissed.

Milik was not offside but the third goal was ruled out as Bonucci, who tried to head the ball into the net but failed to make contact, was judged offside.

Footage later emerged which appeared to show Salernitana midfielder Antonio Candreva playing everyone onside as he was near the corner flag.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62869027

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You knew it was going to happen somewhere

If the goals disallowed the yellow should be taken off. Thats bullshit

Mm no he still ripped his jersey off which is against the rules. VAR rescinds yellow cards if they get it wrong. This was not the case this time

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mm no he still ripped his jersey off which is against the rules. VAR rescinds yellow cards if they get it wrong. This was not the case this time

but VAR means the play was dead so effectively they pull the game back and therefore the offence shouldn't exist

another example would be a hand ball on the line, defender is sent off, VAR rules it offside, the red card would be rescinded because the offside happened before the hand ball offence, here it happened before the shirt removal offence

Â