VillaGoMarching

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i think they have two major differences compared to us imo.

1) Elite striker(s).

2) powerful midfield (competent on the ball, but also powerful).

Other than that, i dont think there is a huge gap.

Although, tbf, elite striker(s) and a powerful midfield, is of itself, absolutely a massively huge difference.

I completely agree. For me kane is going to irreplaceable for them.

Son the same. They have heavily relied on those two

A couple of things on the Spurs £150m investment.

Firstly, I'd be interested to see how it's broken down, as I think the Premier League's FFP rules only allow owners to put in £90m a season. I'm guessing some of it is going against debt repayment or infrastructure or that not all of it is going top sent in this year (so that it might be available for wages for a new player over the course of a contract).

Secondly, £150m isn't a lot of money in this context, most of the teams in the top half will be making that kind of investment this summer - I wonder if it's a little bit of a Levy magic trick, a distraction "look at this big number". I mean, putting in £150m will ensure that Spurs are able to keep pace with the pack in terms of the top six, but it's not some sort of game changer.

• Like 2

It's so stupid.

Reminds me of Arsenal last year thinking they were really clever by telling all the journalists they were buying players under 23. Desperate for validation and praise.

Just take action. You don't have to shout about it.

Just buy some players. Why tell everyone you have money? It actually a negative if anything, teams and agents now know you have money.

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Conte getting money to spend will be fun.

Spurs fans will be hoping they’re about to buy hot talent. Conte, not caring what happens two years from now, will instead almost exclusively sign 30-35-year-olds from Serie A.

Sounds like us 😅 (except ours are coming from LaLiga) 

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It's so stupid.

Reminds me of Arsenal last year thinking they were really clever by telling all the journalists they were buying players under 23. Desperate for validation and praise.

Just take action. You don't have to shout about it.

Just buy some players. Why tell everyone you have money? It actually a negative if anything, teams and agents now know you have money.

i might be wrong, but i think as they are a PLC all stuff like this has to be publicly disclosed

5 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Conte getting money to spend will be fun.

Spurs fans will be hoping they’re about to buy hot talent. Conte, not caring what happens two years from now, will instead almost exclusively sign 30-35-year-olds from Serie A.

If they win a major trophy, will the fans care about that?

5 hours ago, Xela said:

If they win a major trophy, will the fans care about that?

I do think Spurs **** up a little this season getting Champions League. If they didnt qualify for Europe and kept Conte with a similar investment they probably could have won the league next season. Its what he does 

23 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i might be wrong, but i think as they are a PLC all stuff like this has to be publicly disclosed

They only have to disclose in year end acounts, and even then only money spent. No requirement to report proposed spend.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Knowing Conte I can see Spurs trying for the title and maybe not going full strength in Champions League

I think the fans would probably prefer that if meant a credible title bid

• Like 1

Certainly splashing the cash again this year. I'd put there spending close to 100 Mill now with Richarlison. 

Add that to last year's 150 mill odd (kula, Bentacancur, Romero, Saar, Gill, Royal, Gollini). 

And not alot of money from transfers out. 

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Knowing Conte I can see Spurs trying for the title and maybe not going full strength in Champions League

I think the fans would probably prefer that if meant a credible title bid

Just don't see it though, not a knock on spurs but Liverpool and City are contenders for best PL teams ever 

If spurs get within single digit points of either then it should be considered a good season 

They need a cup, think they'll be comfortably 3rd or 4th so try and win something 

• Like 2

Â