Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Ask the grandparents. If they say no then say its OK I didn't think you would anyway so was going to ask (insert names of other grandparents). In my experience Grandparents get suckered by this every time. 

• Haha 1

After 8 years of living in my current property, I still can't get fibre broadband installed. The cabinet 20 yards from my front door has a big sticker on the front of it telling me it is fibre-enabled but can I get BT (or anyone else) to connect me? Can I balls.

Evidently, my place was built the year after they installed the fibre on the street so they won't come back and install it to me, no matter how many times I ask. 

4 hours ago, turvontour said:

£1191.67 for my 1 year old to go to nursery for a month (working days).

How have we got to that? Just ridiculous, nearly twice our mortgage for him to be propped up when he topples over every so often.

I'll look after your son for £1k a month. If I can find another little 'un to look after £1k a month, I'm laughing.

In all serious, I'm surprised child minding hasn't become more popular considering nursery costs now.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, choffer said:

After 8 years of living in my current property, I still can't get fibre broadband installed. The cabinet 20 yards from my front door has a big sticker on the front of it telling me it is fibre-enabled but can I get BT (or anyone else) to connect me? Can I balls.

Evidently, my place was built the year after they installed the fibre on the street so they won't come back and install it to me, no matter how many times I ask. 

they become obligated by law to give it to you in 2020 so hang in there :)

5 hours ago, turvontour said:

How have we got to that? Just ridiculous, nearly twice our mortgage for him to be propped up when he topples over every so often.

I feel your pain. Ours starts next month and I’m dreading it, although we’re using a private childminder which is slightly cheaper. We could pay for a really nice family holiday with what we’re going to be shelling out every couple of months, though and although we’re both lucky enough to earn enough to afford it, it’s going to leave us pretty skint by the end of the month. Neither set of grandparents live nearby so we have no alternative.

What really pisses me off is what a fortune the nursery owners I’m aware of are making off people like us whilst paying their staff minimum wage. 

Edited by JB

4 hours ago, choffer said:

How about Virgin? They run on a different network... only alternative to a BT line

Edited by Xela

8 hours ago, turvontour said:

That is crazy!

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah that's me not having kids then.  No way either of us could quit work.

We both work, but it almost make sense for one of us not too.

We have two kids btw, the second at primary school. And because we both work and cant pick him up until 4.30pm we have to pay a further £250 per month for him to be at school for an extra hour. It feels like we're being penslised for working almost.

How on earth people have 3 or 4 children is beyond me. Must be very sound financially.

8 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Mine was £800 a month (when he was in 5 days a week) - have a look around?  Or, if you live in and around London, you might be right!! 

Don't forget, when they get to 3, you get 30 hours free, which helps a lot!

We're lucky that 2 days a week, our boy goes to his nanny's (monday's) and grandma's on Friday's.  

London? This ones in Wythall. And our older child went to one in Solihull at a similar cost. You can find some cheaper places, sure but its all rediculously overpriced.

Ye, will get the 30 hours from September next year.

Eating the kids leftovers until then.

10 hours ago, turvontour said:

Tax free childcare will take that bill down by 20% if it is an Ofsted registered nursery. 

11 hours ago, turvontour said:

The cost of Nursery care shocks me. 

We put 2 kids through it and basically my wife in a well paid professional job spent almost her whole wage on care.  It was only really worth staying in work for the car and pension and career progression. 

The majority of staff are youngsters probably on minimum wage. And great they were too. 

You hear a lot of sob stories about how many nurseries will go bust giving x hours of free care but I know someone who owns a single site nursery and he's doing VERY well for himself and the people who ran our nursery always drove top of the range cars and gave the appearance of being very well off. 

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Final bill from Audi. £1358.17

:angry:

The annoying thing is you're paying for the shiny reception area, the glamorous girl on the front desk, the "complimentary" hot drinks in the waiting area, whilst looking at the pretty potted plants dotted around the gaff.

It's just as well you're stinking rich, Mere Green Nigel 😂

Edited by mottaloo

22 hours ago, Michelsen said:

About £300 a month for us. Excellent quality care, too. Three meals per day included. 

I love the Nordic welfare state. 

I just checked, having 2 kids, 1-6 years old, full daycare is currently 1900 SEK (£157) And thats for people with pretty high income.

I may have to pay a tax high enough to support a moonlanding, but we do get some decent things in return.

• Like 1

Â