Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Again on the subject of leaving collections, we have a girl at work leaving. I'm pretty good mates with her, but she's the most narcissistic person I have ever met.

She's already instructed her two friends that they need to make sure she gets a good collection, and she's picked out her own leaving card and planned her own leaving do.

It wouldn't surprise me if she's the one who takes the card round the office to get it signed.

It's so arrogant it's actually funny

She's just told me that she's told one of the managers that she wants them to do her leaving speech and not the other manager because they'll do a better job.

Imagine?!

When I leave companies/teams I don't even think about that stuff. I might quietly think "I'll probably get a card or something" but it would never cross my mind to actually CARE about what happens.

• Like 2

I actively discourage any kind of collection or gathering on my behalf. I've worked here for 3 years and nobody knows when my birthday is. When the time comes, I'll aim to quietly disappear.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

She's just told me that she's told one of the managers that she wants them to do her leaving speech and not the other manager because they'll do a better job.

Imagine?!

When I leave companies/teams I don't even think about that stuff. I might quietly think "I'll probably get a card or something" but it would never cross my mind to actually CARE about what happens.

I usually leave move depts with jealous word removeds wanting to kill me. If they gave me a card, I'd think it contained ricin

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I actively discourage any kind of collection or gathering on my behalf. I've worked here for 3 years and nobody knows when my birthday is. When the time comes, I'll aim to quietly disappear.

Exactly this. I don't go in for the "cakes in the kitchen as I'm celebrating the anniversary of the day my face brushed my mother's vagina" emails. When I leave any job, I will have a quiet lunch with those I like and a drink with some if they suggest it but I'd rather just slip out quietly. I've left enough jobs to know that you are only actually friends with a small number of ex-colleagues so it's all a bit false. I happily contribute to collections for staff leaving who I actually like but am always staggered by how tight everyone is - it's always full of 2p coins. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Again on the subject of leaving collections, we have a girl at work leaving. I'm pretty good mates with her, but she's the most narcissistic person I have ever met.

She's already instructed her two friends that they need to make sure she gets a good collection, and she's picked out her own leaving card and planned her own leaving do.

It wouldn't surprise me if she's the one who takes the card round the office to get it signed.

It's so arrogant it's actually funny

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Imagine?!

She sounds like literally the worst person ever.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Hence why Stevo is her friend. 

Because Stevo is an ass cancer of a human (trust me I played PS4 with him). 

I only play PS4 with words removed.

1 hour ago, brommy said:

A bloke at my work was retiring after nearly 50 years service and he’d made it clear he didn’t want any fuss. He sussed there was to be a leaving presentation on his final afternoon, so at midday he put his jacket on to pop out for his usual lunchtime stroll and then never came back. A few of the office women moaned about him not being there to go along with the typical leaving stuff but I said they should have listened to his wishes and not what they ‘thought’ should happen.

Attention whores and extroverts in general seem incapable of understanding that some people just really, really don't want to be the centre of attention. It's not some sort of modesty. It's not something we're just saying, but we'll love it when you surprise us...

My gf is one of those extroverts. She's slowly understanding that it's not some sort of ploy, but she sometimes forgets. I found out a few months ago she was seriously considering throwing me a surprise party until my mum told her that I'd walk out and probably break up with her. she was right. :lol:

• Like 2

This will shock. But its the journey to the match today

I live in Telford and am going with my lad from Cannock. Because I am going to Cannock, I will be expected to go and see my daughter and grand kids,  pop in and see my mom and dad. Get to my sons an hour before we go, so that I can see my other Grand kids. 

Don't quote me wrong. I love them all and enjoy seeing them. (I saw them all at a wedding last weekend )

But today I just want to go to the match, not be out for hours visiting

• Like 1

Absolutely despise charity 'chuggers', those pricks who are there looking to have a 'conversation' with you in the street and get you to sign up for regular donations. A lot of them are extremely aggressive, they do not take an initial no for an answer and will literally accost you, just **** off.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

'chuggers', . A lot of them are extremely aggressive, and will literally accost you, just **** off.

mugger chuggers?

or modern usage of literally, meaning, not literally?

Â