Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The amount of time that women take to get ready. Or more specifically my missus.

Im more pissed off for women that such a chunk of their life is focussed on getting ready to leave the house. Will literally be years of my other halfs life that she'll spend applying make up.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, turvontour said:

The amount of time that women take to get ready. Or more specifically my missus.

Im more pissed off for women that such a chunk of their life is focussed on getting ready to leave the house. Will literally be years of my other halfs life that she'll spend applying make up.

Very much this, and even until the last moment they won't know what they are going to wear. 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Very much this, and even until the last moment they won't know what they are going to wear. 

Ye that too.

It just doesnt seem fair that 20% of her awake day is spent on trying to look presentable for that day. 

My getting ready probably accounts for 1-2% of my day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, turvontour said:

"I am ready, I've just got to put my clothes on"  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Out on a date last night, i spilled a tiny bit of curry (pinhead sized) on my new Barbour white shirt. I'd been slimming down to fit in to it for while thanks to parkrun and eating less crap.....and within an hour of putting it on i go and do that !

The now bright orange stain is currently being soaked in a shit load of vanish and warm water.

And, no i didn't get invited in "for coffee" afterwards.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Out on a date last night, i spilled a tiny bit of curry (pinhead sized) on my new Barbour white shirt. I'd been slimming down to fit in to it for while thanks to parkrun and eating less crap.....and within an hour of putting it on i go and do that !

The now bright orange stain is currently being soaked in a shit load of vanish and warm water.

And, no i didn't get invited in "for coffee" afterwards.

Schoolboy error for going out for a ruby in an ice white shirt!

Black or GTFO. 

Anyway, get to the relationship thread and detail the nuts and bolts of this new lady in your life! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Schoolboy error for going out for a ruby in an ice white shirt!

Black or GTFO. 

Anyway, get to the relationship thread and detail the nuts and bolts of this new lady in your life! 

Dude, you are totally correct but i was dressing to impress as it's still a new relationship  (met her online and have found out she was in my class at primary school !).

Bad news is she's a vegetarian ! However, I've not yet asked if she's off ALL meat (fnarr, fnarr !) but there's zero chance of her joining me for a desi grill, so i might ask you instead, in a bromantic kinda way ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

When someone plays a long pass towards a player, it goes out of play, but the intended recipient applauds it.

I hate that. It's a bad pass. Don't applaud it.

I always assumed it was ironic/sarcastic. 

• Like 1

Oooh, I have a good one for here. 

I took my lad to the park (he's 2) after nursery on Wednesday because he'd been couped up the night before and he loves playing football on those metal walled football pitches in parks you get.  So we play there for a bit and it becomes very dark because of the clouds, so I'm shepherding him to the car and he see's the gym equipment and wants a quick look at the stuff.  So I carefully help him onto a few of the pieces and we're doing our thing. 

Anyway, there were two young lads, one about 11, one about 14 - brothers I presumed.  The young one walks right past us (5 yards) and just spits on the floor right next to my kid.  I'd never normally say anything because I'm terrified of getting bummed by a stranger, but I actually said "oi, don't do that again" and I was very chuffed to see this kid appearing to look a bit scared of me and say "sorry" sheepishly.  

So he carries on a few yards up the path and his brother is there and they start laughing (still only about 15 yards away) and I hear the older one say "what did he say?" So before his younger brother could tell him, I said "I told him not to spit near me, that's not a problem is it?" and he just shook his head.  

Great I thought.

Then the two lads were joined by about 6 others, 1 being a girl - they had absolutely no interaction with me any longer, which was fine (all this only took about 2 mins to play out) but I noticed them laughing and a couple said "What even is it?".  So I look around, and on a piece of equipment behind me and my kid is a lad dressed like a girl (padding and everything), but dressed in black (jeans with holes, a tight top, exposing said padding, finger less gloves and lipstick and eyeliner).  The little group were all within 5m of him/her (I'm not sure how the person wanted to be addressed), but he looked genuinely worried. 

The thing that pisses me off, and has been on my mind since it happened is, why didn't I help the person?  

I had a tug of war in my head about approaching and saying something supportive like "ignore these silly billies" or something, but I was aware I had my kid on me and I didn't really want him to see me approaching a conflict.  I had a good 3-5 minutes to think of something - but I just didn't have a clue.  

I asked myself why the person didn't just get up and leave, but then again - why should he/she?  They were just using the equipment.  

So I'm annoyed at myself for not helping the person out, and I'm a little annoyed that they didn't just stand up and leave the area, which would have diffused the whole situation.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

So I'm annoyed at myself for not helping the person out

Don't worry about it,  I have it all the time especially with rubbish parents.  Try and remember the good stuff you do and forget the other stuff as it nobody knows what is the actually right thing to do.

You could have told them to all do one,  but the person gets battered tomorrow by them becasue of that if you get what I mean? 

I walk a lot and I don't know why but old people love talking to me, they always have and I don't know why.  It can be in English or Dutch and I have about 3 or 4 I talk to a few times every week on the train or walking the dog or whatever.  It's super nice when I am in town and i have these random old people saying hello and that.  (Don't forget this is a little seaside town in North Holland and I am from Birmingham) .It cheers me up and they are happy as well so one can help people out in many ways and it does not always have to be at the pointy end.

Don't forget that if you have your nipper with you then you gotta be careful man,  the best lesson ever is to pick your battles to the ones you will win only.  The little gang will,  100% guaranteed pick on the wrong person one day.  

• Like 2

For 2 hours, I've been trying to think of a comment that would have crushed these kids and shown them the error of their ways, that would have empowered the person they were laughing at and would have let you walking away like a boss and a hero in your son's eyes.

I don't think such a comment exists, so I think you probably did the right thing considering you were with your lad.

We just have to hope these kids all fell down a well or got their heads stuck in some railings.

• Like 2

Trying to be a hero can backfire sometimes, another 5 or 6 could have quite easily appeared and joined that gang of kids (older brothers etc..)

Got to be honest i doubt i would say anything, that kid is probably going to face a lot worse in the years to come, time to start developing a thick skin now i would say.

• Like 1

Yup, nothing good can come from engaging a pack of feral kids. It only takes one of the little bastards to work up a bit of courage, and then your choices are run away and look like a dick, or knock out a kid and see where that gets you. 

• Haha 1

I come in early to work, so as to avoid the M6 before it gets nasty, I also get a lot done in the hour and a half before anyone else is in. I sit diagonally to a word removed, he is depressing, he hates working here and spends all of his time doing **** all and slagging off the company. Today he has got in and decided to sit there, now and bend my ear about why he hates this company, not giving a shit that I might have work to do and certainly not doing his own work. I don't hate him, as I think it's hard to hate anyone, but in a professional environment he comes pretty close.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I come in early to work, so as to avoid the M6 before it gets nasty, I also get a lot done in the hour and a half before anyone else is in. I sit diagonally to a word removed, he is depressing, he hates working here and spends all of his time doing **** all and slagging off the company. Today he has got in and decided to sit there, now and bend my ear about why he hates this company, not giving a shit that I might have work to do and certainly not doing his own work. I don't hate him, as I think it's hard to hate anyone, but in a professional environment he comes pretty close.

Record him at it, then blackmail him.

* don't really

• Like 1

On 9/25/2017 at 09:07, lapal_fan said:

Oooh, I have a good one for here. 

I took my lad to the park (he's 2) after nursery on Wednesday because he'd been couped up the night before and he loves playing football on those metal walled football pitches in parks you get.  So we play there for a bit and it becomes very dark because of the clouds, so I'm shepherding him to the car and he see's the gym equipment and wants a quick look at the stuff.  So I carefully help him onto a few of the pieces and we're doing our thing. 

Anyway, there were two young lads, one about 11, one about 14 - brothers I presumed.  The young one walks right past us (5 yards) and just spits on the floor right next to my kid.  I'd never normally say anything because I'm terrified of getting bummed by a stranger, but I actually said "oi, don't do that again" and I was very chuffed to see this kid appearing to look a bit scared of me and say "sorry" sheepishly.  

So he carries on a few yards up the path and his brother is there and they start laughing (still only about 15 yards away) and I hear the older one say "what did he say?" So before his younger brother could tell him, I said "I told him not to spit near me, that's not a problem is it?" and he just shook his head.  

Great I thought.

Then the two lads were joined by about 6 others, 1 being a girl - they had absolutely no interaction with me any longer, which was fine (all this only took about 2 mins to play out) but I noticed them laughing and a couple said "What even is it?".  So I look around, and on a piece of equipment behind me and my kid is a lad dressed like a girl (padding and everything), but dressed in black (jeans with holes, a tight top, exposing said padding, finger less gloves and lipstick and eyeliner).  The little group were all within 5m of him/her (I'm not sure how the person wanted to be addressed), but he looked genuinely worried. 

The thing that pisses me off, and has been on my mind since it happened is, why didn't I help the person?  

I had a tug of war in my head about approaching and saying something supportive like "ignore these silly billies" or something, but I was aware I had my kid on me and I didn't really want him to see me approaching a conflict.  I had a good 3-5 minutes to think of something - but I just didn't have a clue.  

I asked myself why the person didn't just get up and leave, but then again - why should he/she?  They were just using the equipment.  

So I'm annoyed at myself for not helping the person out, and I'm a little annoyed that they didn't just stand up and leave the area, which would have diffused the whole situation.  

Good on you for telling the kid off for spitting. I've interfered in some awful stuff over the year (racists on trains, bullies) and it generally never ends well as you work yourself up so much if you physically engage that you will probably cross the line. I think you were on the right thought with going over to the offended person and letting them know that he\she shouldn't care about bullies. 

Â