Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

16 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Been round town looking for a new wallet and can't find any with a decent zip-up coin section anywhere.

coins are for people living in the past. :P

all you need is a contactless card or a smartphone.

On 20/09/2017 at 14:58, Phumfeinz said:

My eyes my eyes, why peddle such stuff.

my mortgage is paid by selling the brand leader.  So don't Depend, trust the market leader.

Stag do tips or Pants just PM me 

On 15/09/2017 at 16:11, Davkaus said:

Same, and I'd refuse to work anywhere that didn't match my current employer's approach for anything short of doubling my salary. My last employer was big on 'presenteeism', and working from home was for upper management only, with a nod and a wink about them 'working' from home.

The current lot are a breath of fresh air. Not in any meetings today, and don't want to go in to the office for any reason? Cool, work from home. In meetings, but have a reason you'd really quite like to work from home? Cool, it's 2017, just dial in. Have something happening tomorrow, and the project isn't literally on fire? Cool, have the day off, or start late/finish early, whatever you want. 

I'm a big fan of the hour and a half lunches so I can go to the gym, too.

I've spoken to my 'boss' probably 4-5 times since Christmas. Our team manages itself, and we're all professionals that don't take the piss. **** love my job. :P 

My Mrs has a similar arrangement but she works from home full time now. They're freaking amazing employers. What that breeds is amazing employees. 

She never takes the piss with 'working at home'. Sure she can make appointments in the day provided she isn't due to have a video call, but she makes that time up twofold. Her colleagues are the same, they believe in what they do, they're trusted and their output is incredible. 

They do yearly 'retreats' that equate to a piss up that they're all paid to attend. 

It amazes me, if I worked from home I'd spend hours on VillaTalk and YouTube.

My employer are meh, my conditions are OK but my managers are terrible human beings who have got where they are by bullying and lying. 

Its a ttpmeots.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

They're freaking amazing employers. What that breeds is amazing employees. 

This 100%.

Mostly, when it comes to work, I just post about all the awesome perks I get. As well as flexible working, good salaries, awesome healthcare and pensions, we also get a biannual big company event with away days and a couple of unofficial days off (in the summer it was a day out at Alton Towers then an open bar until 4am on the Friday morning, with free travel and hotels, quality!) .

But this week, I've put in a 60 hour week because we launch for a new customer next week and shit's hit the fan. Pretty much everyone, without being asked, is all hands on deck, and breaking their back to make this launch a success. There's something magical about a company that actually gives a shit about their staff and rewards them fairly.  If I had to deal with micromanagement and  quibbling over expenses, I doubt I'd have put in half the effort I did this week.

• Like 3

For many jobs (including mine), there's absolutely no need to be in the office, everything, and I mean everything, can be done remotely. On that basis it you shouldn't be expected to show up every day, unless you really have to. I despise being in the office 5 days a week, I feel a lot more tired when I have to get up early and commute into work, I then hate the commute home as it is nothing but dead time. Working from home makes me feel more refreshed and frees up more time to do things that I want to do. 

Presenteeism is the bane of British work places, most offices are full of words removed who just want to appear to be busy all the time.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

But this week, I've put in a 60 hour week because we launch for a new customer next week and shit's hit the fan. Pretty much everyone, without being asked, is all hands on deck, and breaking their back to make this launch a success. There's something magical about a company that actually gives a shit about their staff and rewards them fairly.  If I had to deal with micromanagement and  quibbling over expenses, I doubt I'd have put in half the effort I did this week.

You've just summed up what happens when an employer trusts their staff and treats them like adults. Yet some companies just don't get it. 

I moan about my job but my employers are very flexible with me and the remuneration is  very decent for what I do. Plus the extras are good as well... i've got about £1m worth of life/critical illness/accident cover in place in total. I'm worth loads dead or crippled! The pension is good as well (they put 17% in at the top end)

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Xela said:

You've just summed up what happens when an employer trusts their staff and treats them like adults. Yet some companies just don't get it. 

I moan about my job but my employers are very flexible with me and the remuneration is  very decent for what I do. Plus the extras are good as well... i've got about £1m worth of life/critical illness/accident cover in place in total. I'm worth loads dead or crippled! The pension is good as well (they put 17% in at the top end)

It's no good when you're dead or crippled  :)

I was fuming yesterday. Went for a quick pint after work next to the job we are on, and after having the decency to bang my boots before I went in, I ended up 4th in line to get a beer behind two of my work colleagues. Some random bloke orders his pint then walks off, then the bar man says 'who's next' the two Infront of me just kind of stood back and said nothing until I ended the awkward situation by ordering my beer. I said to my one work colleague ' are we just having the one'  if we were then I would of just got my own, anyway he never even answered the question and just said I'll have a Stella. Obviously I've then got to ask the other lad if he wants one, and of course he did. Pints go down within 15 mins and it's off we go home. Best part of 10 bloody quid just for a quick beer. I wouldn't mind, but I can't stand the one lad. clearings in the woods. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I was fuming yesterday. Went for a quick pint after work next to the job we are on, and after having the decency to bang my boots before I went in, I ended up 4th in line to get a beer behind two of my work colleagues. Some random bloke orders his pint then walks off, then the bar man says 'who's next' the two Infront of me just kind of stood back and said nothing until I ended the awkward situation by ordering my beer. I said to my one work colleague ' are we just having the one'  if we were then I would of just got my own, anyway he never even answered the question and just said I'll have a Stella. Obviously I've then got to ask the other lad if he wants one, and of course he did. Pints go down within 15 mins and it's off we go home. Best part of 10 bloody quid just for a quick beer. I wouldn't mind, but I can't stand the one lad. clearings in the woods. 

Yep nothing worse than going to the pub and end up paying for more than you drink.  I often go with a couple of blokes from work, one who drinks like a fish and one who is tighter than a duck's, and it gets very uneven.  Just wish we'd pay for our own tbh.

13 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yep nothing worse than going to the pub and end up paying for more than you drink.  I often go with a couple of blokes from work, one who drinks like a fish and one who is tighter than a duck's, and it gets very uneven.  Just wish we'd pay for our own tbh.

Just be a man and order your ***** drink instead of holding back like a lamb on the Welsh hills. They won't get me again. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just be a man and order your ***** drink instead of holding back like a lamb on the Welsh hills. They won't get me again. 

Just shit into a bucket and throw it over him

*I'm sure you have done something similar before?! 

Â