Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I like it. Something nice about dark mornings and the shorter days drawing in. 

I very nearly started a thread about autumn. I love it, easily my favourite time of year. Dark evenings, falling leaves, early frosts, woodsmoke smells, it all gives me an endorphin rush. As a kid, it meant new year at school (scary, but in a good way), bonfire night and Christmas on the way. All my love affairs started in the autumn. I have particular pieces of music that I play at this time of year, books and films I revisit, I just love the whole thing, far better than boring summer. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I very nearly started a thread about autumn. I love it, easily my favourite time of year. Dark evenings, falling leaves, early frosts, woodsmoke smells, it all gives me an endorphin rush. As a kid, it meant new year at school (scary, but in a good way), bonfire night and Christmas on the way. All my love affairs started in the autumn. I have particular pieces of music that I play at this time of year, books and films I revisit, I just love the whole thing, far better than boring summer. 

Don't get me wrong I do look forward to the summer and light nights, but there is something magical about the dark nights and the pinnacle is the build up to Christmas which is my favourite time of year. From October to December I love, but I find January ,February and march a tad depressing. April starts my love affair with the awaiting summer and it's also the start of the bank holidays. A lad I know at work loves flying off to Tenerife at Christmas and I really couldn't think of anything worse. I like to be at home where it's cold, frosty and possibly snowing. 

• Like 2

While we're on the subject of banking, those **** Halifax adverts with Scooby Doo and Fred Flintstone. I don't know how this is allowed (must be something about expired trademarks I guess) but it needs to stop or be stopped as a matter of urgency. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

While we're on the subject of banking, those **** Halifax adverts with Scooby Doo and Fred Flintstone. I don't know how this is allowed (must be something about expired trademarks I guess) but it needs to stop or be stopped as a matter of urgency. 

I'm sure Hanna-Barbera get their payment. Mutually beneficial. I don't mind those ads, apart from the fact that the voices are so blatantly inaccurate. 

Definitely shouldn't piss me off.

These "puzzles"(sic) and their format

And some sample answers, where not one person has got it right.  I mean how in the name of jayzus...

b7f855156b78e2d851d6cf456ba02f3b.png

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Definitely shouldn't piss me off.

These "puzzles"(sic) and their format

And some sample answers, where not one person has got it right.  I mean how in the name of jayzus...

Most of these have a trick part of the question - at a quick glance i can see the original diggers have 2 scoops, whereas the question's digger has 1 scoop.

On closer examination there are probably some other tricks included, which means the answer isn't just simply adding up the 3 items. 

Just now, ender4 said:

Most of these have a trick part of the question - at a quick glance i can see the original diggers have 2 scoops, whereas the question's digger has 1 scoop.

On closer examination there are probably some other tricks included, which means the answer isn't just simply adding up the 3 items. 

The other issue I have, with the format, is that the 2 diggers + 2 diggers in line 2 is actually written in such a way as to imply there should possibly be a multiplication either side of the addition i.e. this by this + this by this.  Meaning you can't even get 28 as it should be adding 2 squares.  But anyhoo, that's nitpicking.  The answer the way it's written is 10+(7x2)=24.  It's just continually amazing and slightly terrifying how many people can't do basic arithmetic.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

The other issue I have, with the format, is that the 2 diggers + 2 diggers in line 2 is actually written in such a way as to imply there should possibly be a multiplication either side of the addition i.e. this by this + this by this.  Meaning you can't even get 28 as it should be adding 2 squares.  But anyhoo, that's nitpicking.  The answer the way it's written is 10+(7x2)=24.  It's just continually amazing and slightly terrifying how many people can't do basic arithmetic.

But you can't give people logic puzzles and then conclude that they can't do maths. 'Non-verbal reasoning' and maths aren't the same thing. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

But you can't give people logic puzzles and then conclude that they can't do maths. 'Non-verbal reasoning' and maths aren't the same thing. 

Probably why it's in this thread ;);)

But on that, you're right to some degree, but they're not even failing the logic part.  They're arriving at mostly the correct numbers at the bottom and then doing the wrong thing with them (that's the maths part).  Or some aren't spotting the single digger, but even with the double digger they're then doing the wrong thing at the bottom.  Faskinating.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just handed in my paperwork for renewing my flat tenancy which cost me £54.  **** estate agents.  The government said they'd ban charging tenants fees like that but it's not come into law yet, so I'm blatantly paying for something completely unnecessary.

If it makes you feel better you could go to the nearest pub at about 6 o'clock tonight and watch them drink your money 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just handed in my paperwork for renewing my flat tenancy which cost me £54.  **** estate agents.  The government said they'd ban charging tenants fees like that but it's not come into law yet, so I'm blatantly paying for something completely unnecessary.

My daughter was charged £150 for tenancy renewal. She totally kicked off, and demanded to know how they could justify it, for doing, well, nothing. In the end they waived it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Linkedin invites in my work email every **** day.
I am not even on linkedin.

**** off.

I currently have about 700 connections on there. I'd imagine I personally know about 40 of them. The rest just want to sell me stuff.

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My daughter was charged £150 for tenancy renewal. She totally kicked off, and demanded to know how they could justify it, for doing, well, nothing. In the end they waived it. 

Good on her, I did start talking it through with the girl there but realised I was wasting my breath and wasn't going to boil my piss over it.  It was bad enough when the letter said £47 but then I checked the invoice and they added VAT on top as well.  words removed.

39 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Also, I saw an advert go up on rightmove for a house yesterday afternoon, late.

I call them up this morning to request a booking, and it's sold.

How is that even **** possible?

When we sold our first house, the sign never even went up. We placed it with the estate agent in the morning, they phoned us within a couple of hours with a viewing. They came round and agreed on our asking price. Sold, inside 12 hours. 

Â