Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 14/09/2017 at 14:56, tonyh29 said:

people complaining to Offcom because Bake off did a scene where Noel Fiedling was hiding in a fridge

twitter has a few " I've now had to explain to my children that they shouldn't hide in fridges  " .

On the basis that Twitter clearing in the woods with the use of the word "now" doesn't appear to have already warned his child not to climb inside fridges , shouldn't he in fact be praising Fielding for his stunt , as now he's been given a perfect opportunity  to tell his child something he'd clearly overlooked

perhaps next week he could watch the episode of the Simpson where Maggie shoots Mr Burns and then he can explain to his child not to shoot people  ..after he's moaned about it on twitter of course

/\

This guy does not remember the epidemic that occured in the US following Indiana Jones' escapade with a nuclear blast and a fridge.

100,000s,  if not millions of young children died that year from hiding in fridge related deaths.

#neverforget

On the subject of work emails, a lot my clients work in industries that are working every day (transport, logistics and other 24/7 operations) and as such I get emails all weekend from them. When I log on Monday morning after the weekend I'm always faced with a deluge of requests/queries/demands. *sigh*

I agree with you about emails, I hate people sending them to me late in the day and usually I don't respond after 5-ish but had no choice last night :( Still, had no calls from work today so I guess the place didn't burn down without me. 

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm loving all these posts bitching about work. :)

Mind you, my boss does behave like a two-year-old... but that's because she IS a two-year-old.

Haven't you got a nappy to change? :)

• Haha 1

My new boss.

We have an ongoing activity that I'm responsible for tracking and reporting.

I send out an update EVERY DAY, showing the day's progress and our overall total vs target, line by line. 

New boss has just emailed me 

"Ben, can I get an update of where we are today?"

Erm, yes. You can. I send it EVERY **** DAY! You'll get it today like you've gotten it every day for the last 6 weeks!

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My new boss.

We have an ongoing activity that I'm responsible for tracking and reporting.

I send out an update EVERY DAY, showing the day's progress and our overall total vs target, line by line. 

New boss has just emailed me 

"Ben, can I get an update of where we are today?"

Erm, yes. You can. I send it EVERY **** DAY! You'll get it today like you've gotten it every day for the last 6 weeks!

Sometimes you just have to shit on a turtle stevo

I think tradesmen hate me. A plumber came out on Friday, gave me a quote, agreed a time to come back with the part and do the job. Hasn't bothered turning up, isn't answering the phone. This seems to happen to me all the time. 

Why come out and do the free bit, then not come and do the actual job?! 

On 9/15/2017 at 19:11, Xela said:
On 9/15/2017 at 18:34, mjmooney said:

I'm loving all these posts bitching about work. :)

Mind you, my boss does behave like a two-year-old... but that's because she IS a two-year-old.

Haven't you got a nappy to change? :)

Xele mate,  out of order,  Mr mjmooney is as I understand it,  only just recently retired.  

I very much doubt and hope he has not arrived at the "Nappy" segment of what I have no doubt will be a brilliant and all together fulfilling retirement.:D.  Or am I missing a vital part of information here as 2 is too old for nappies IMO.

I've got work again tomorrow.:angry: not bitter or jealous in any way.  

• Haha 1

On 15/09/2017 at 12:42, Paddywhack said:

Regarding the jogging bottoms, in preparation for getting lip from one of these young scallywags, I've carried the very witty response "Yeah, well...nice pyjamas" for some time now.

Unfortunately the opportunity has not yet arisen.

"**** off Cleanshirt"

• Like 2

The term 'iSheep' used to describe people who are buying the new iPhone. 

**** off. You're not a maverick underground trendsetting genius because you own a Samsung/Sony/A N Other phone pal

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

A couple of months ago I had a water mains leak that trashed the kitchen ceiling. Cost about £500 to get the leak repaired, ceiling plastered, and I've only just painted over it.

Last month, my car's ECU shit itself, I got that fixed, then they found an oil leak from the head gasket. Cost: ££££

Yesterday, I found a fairly minor leak from the boiler. Called the same plumber to take a look and to service it at the same time, and he took one look at it and said it wasn't fitted to regs, as there's no clearance at the front (the top 1/4 is basically in the loft, obscured by platerboard), but he'll pretend he didn't see it and come back tomorrow if I sort it out so there's enough room around it. So I cut through the plasterboard, and what do I find 4 inches from the front of the boiler? A **** ceiling joist.

**** my life.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

The term 'iSheep' used to describe people who are buying the new iPhone. 

**** off. You're not a maverick underground trendsetting genius because you own a Samsung/Sony/A N Other phone pal

I know,  it's not even plural as well.    'iSheeple' ?  As in "Welcome to all the 'iSheeple', people",  I think that works.

On a serious note, it's just what people are used to using these days ,  not much more than that ? It's not something you jump from one type to another either,  it would drive you mad.  It is after all an old piece of tech now no matter what you have, still only a smart phone.

We migrated our travel request portal - if we use the old one, the requests are just rejected outright.

Okay, fine.

Log two requests for two of my employees, calculate the cost, send for approval to the head of the LoB.

15 mins later - REJECTED by a different LoB - "You selected the wrong BU head"

Erm, no I didn't - checked the request, I definitely didn't.

Submit again - email goes to my BU head, no one else.

Rejected again for the same reason.

The requests are going to every single BU head and being rejected by them because it's the 'wrong LoB'.

I contact the support for this particular page.

"yeah we know about it, we'll fix it next month"

:bang:

Â