Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

16 hours ago, Xela said:

What is worse there is a huge part of this population who think this a legitimate way to act which just encourages people to keep doing it. 

This. A million times this. The fckin brain dead Kardashian wannabes or the morons who watch the tv progs and magazines.

I really can't decide who's worse. 

• Like 1

I say it through gritted teeth because I find people like the Kardashians loathsome and fame chasers make me queasy, but fair play to them. If they can make millions by playing the celebrity game and be famous just for being famous, good for them. Setting aside the morals and the examples they set, it's incredible what they've achieved; nothing and everything.

I think it's the people that lap all that crap up who we need to have a look at.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I say it through gritted teeth because I find people like the Kardashians loathsome and fame chasers make me queasy, but fair play to them. If they can make millions by playing the celebrity game and be famous just for being famous, good for them. Setting aside the morals and the examples they set, it's incredible what they've achieved; nothing and everything.

I think it's the people that lap all that crap up who we need to have a look at.

I totally agree with this viewpoint but more often than not i think its me thats in the wrong. Im the grumpy cynical b**tard who hates the Kardashians and thinks the X-factor is s**t but im vastly in the minority, especially when it comes to general chat at work etc.. sometimes as they say ignorance is bliss!

• Like 1

New entry in the reasons the wife has a strop on and it's my fault...

dawn raid on the house over the road from us, we "know" they're drug dealers, the police stuck a flier through the door about coming forward with information, the missus wants to go to the station and try and aid the investigation, I said over my dead body and binned the leaflet

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

dawn raid on the house over the road from us, we "know" they're drug dealers, the police stuck a flier through the door about coming forward with information, the missus wants to go to the station and try and aid the investigation, I said over my dead body and binned the leaflet

Fair play for not being  a grass ;)

30 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Fair play for not being  a grass ;)

If I was 100% sure that I could cause a conviction then I'd probably have a bit of a moral wobble too but what we know and what we could prove are 2 different things, it's not worth what it could bring to our doorstep

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You're right and unfortunately you're missus is wrong (don't tell her I said that though). Your house is your sanctuary and it protects those you love, bringing shit into it is the last thing you want to do. Plus if you're legal system is as shagged as ours, then there is no guarantee that you handing over any information will do any good anyway. Let the police do they're job. If it was a rapist or someone who harmed kids etc then different story. Drugs, meh, whether you like them or not they're everywhere. Or maybe that's just where I'm from :ph34r:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

You're right and unfortunately you're missus is wrong (don't tell her I said that though). Your house is your sanctuary and it protects those you love, bringing shit into it is the last thing you want to do. Plus if you're legal system is as shagged as ours, then there is no guarantee that you handing over any information will do any good anyway. Let the police do they're job. If it was a rapist or someone who harmed kids etc then different story. Drugs, meh, whether you like them or not they're everywhere. Or maybe that's just where I'm from :ph34r:

Drugs do harm kids. 

• Like 2

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes they do that's a fair call, but I think you have missed the point I was trying to make. 

I thought the point you made included that it would be a different story in assisting enquiries if it harmed kids and yet drugs do have a devastating effect on kids life's, sometimes directly but often indirectly and despite the ignorance of a parent(s) that either have their 'head in the sand' or don't give a ****.

33 minutes ago, brommy said:

I thought the point you made included that it would be a different story in assisting enquiries if it harmed kids and yet drugs do have a devastating effect on kids life's, sometimes directly but often indirectly and despite the ignorance of a parent(s) that either have their 'head in the sand' or don't give a ****.

Ok I've upset you and it was not my intention. Drugs affect kids yes, my post was more in respect to the poster and his concerns over getting involved. 

I'm not getting sidetracked onto this debate as my feeling on drugs and kids is going to get me into a huge debate as I believe it usually (not always) falls back on the parenting. 

Two separate issues in my view. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If I was 100% sure that I could cause a conviction then I'd probably have a bit of a moral wobble too but what we know and what we could prove are 2 different things, it's not worth what it could bring to our doorstep

I gathered that's the reason why you didn't want to pursue the matter. No right or wrong here, but I think I'd probably do the same and just let the police deal with it themselves because you just never know who you are upsetting. 

Birmingham Airport robbing bastards, before you could collect for free, then you had to pay £1 to use the short stay car park, now it's called "premium set down" and it's £2 minimum charge and goes up faster than the planes. They really are taking the piss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â