Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I reclined on my recent long haul flight. But I don't on short haul flights.

On the long haul, it was Emirates (don't know if that matters but I don't take many long haul flights) and the chairs are such a way that somebody reclining in front does't really affect your leg room. It sort of reclines over your knees, if that makes sense.

So it really didn't matter.

not sure how tall you are and i dont think it did on the big un but on their normal plance as a 6ft 2" man i can tell you that it does really affect your leg room...

also you can adjust the tv to suit the person in front reclining but i ended up getting a really bad reflection of light on it which pissed me off even more than the leg room

I'm 6'3" :)

Yeah it was the A380 so possible it's different on them.

I usually have problems with plane seats anyway. Dunno if it's poor ergonomics or just the way I'm built, but usually I can't rest my head on the head rest. In order to get my knees in I usually have to lean forward slightly and means to get my head on the headrest I have to tip it right back, rendering it pointless as it's usually the top of my head that touches it!

Short flights are very uncomfortable experiences for me!

• Like 1

Blokey pubs.

You know the ones. You walk in, the air is heavy with aftershave and sweat, you can't move without barging into some plank holding his pint while gawping at the television screen, and there is a strange tension in the air like it all might kick off at any minute.

Horrid places.

• Like 4

Blokey pubs.

You know the ones. You walk in, the air is heavy with aftershave and sweat, you can't move without barging into some plank holding his pint while gawping at the television screen, and there is a strange tension in the air like it all might kick off at any minute.

Horrid places.

Sounds like a pub where you'll get a proper pint.

Give me a spit and sawdust pub with pork scratchings and a decent ale and I'm a happy chap.

You're correct about being able to sense a bad atmosphere too.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 4

I'm quite lucky in so much as for a fairly small town, we have quite a few good pubs that sell a wide selection of good real ales. My regular pub was actually voted the best pub for real ale, in the whole of the North East. Although you do get a few beer tickers in there, it thankfully attracts very few knob heads, and any trouble (which is very rare) is dealt with swiftly and quietly. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Blokey pubs.

Horrid places.

Old man pubs are the places to be. No trouble, nice atmosphere, generally decent beers, and when you and your mates simultaneously whip out your Nintendo DS, the worst you get is a roll of the eyes.
  • Like 1

For short haul flights then the seats shouldn't be able to recline at all. If you can't last 2-3 hours without reclining the you are an arse

Long haul, I try not to recline as I am conscious of the person behind me so if i do, its usally no more than 25% of the available recline unless i look behind me and the person is fully reclined and spark out then i might recline more, especially if its a red eye flight

Cathay Pacific had seats that when you reclined the shell of the seat (the back) never moved back but the seat itself moved within the shell (pic below as not explained it great). I thought that was a good idea

cathay-seat.png

• Like 1

People who recline seats on airplanes. It's not something that actually pisses me off at all but I'm interested in peoples views on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-28943131

For me any flight that isn't long haul there is no need to recline really, it's a short flight treat it as a bus journey. If someone does feel the need to recline then only recline at max 50%, fully reclined is only for sleeping and if you want to sleep in the middle of the day accept that the majority of people don't and as such the person behind you probably wants to use their tray table.

I have to admit I like how Ryanair don't have any reclining seats.

When I choose my seat online I always try and get one right at the back so I can recline guilt free. You usually have to put up the stench from the bogs then though.

Ugh, I hate flying.

The ones at the back have a reduced pitch though , poor seat selection :)

( seatGuru ) is your friend

I reclined on my recent long haul flight. But I don't on short haul flights.

On the long haul, it was Emirates (don't know if that matters but I don't take many long haul flights) and the chairs are such a way that somebody reclining in front does't really affect your leg room. It sort of reclines over your knees, if that makes sense.

So it really didn't matter.

not sure how tall you are and i dont think it did on the big un but on their normal plance as a 6ft 2" man i can tell you that it does really affect your leg room...

also you can adjust the tv to suit the person in front reclining but i ended up getting a really bad reflection of light on it which pissed me off even more than the leg room

I'm 6'3" :)

Yeah it was the A380 so possible it's different on them.

I usually have problems with plane seats anyway. Dunno if it's poor ergonomics or just the way I'm built, but usually I can't rest my head on the head rest. In order to get my knees in I usually have to lean forward slightly and means to get my head on the headrest I have to tip it right back, rendering it pointless as it's usually the top of my head that touches it!

Short flights are very uncomfortable experiences for me!

See I knew all that badgering you in the Malaysia flight thread would pay off .... You now know a plane type ...VT for education :)

• Like 1

As a tall gentleman I know that someone reclining a seat in front of me would really effect me so I try not to do it. Even on a long haul I won't fully recline.

What's annoyed me on recent flights is having a touch screen TV in the back of your chair. You just get prodded in the back all flight. So annoying!!

On a flight to Ibiza earlier this year I had my daughter on my lap (as she was just under 2 years old) and the inconsiderate bastard in front tried to decline his chair. I politely asked if he wouldnt mind keeping it upright and he agreed :D

I don't see the point, can never get comfortable on a plane, can never sleep while travelling, I reckon even in 1st class on one of them funny cubicle seat / bed things I'd struggle

Stuck between smashing the films (I'll happily spend 18 hours watching film after film) and smashing the free booze

• Like 1

Â