Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Stupid people.

"Ice bucket challenge is stupid and isn't raising awareness,

I'd never even heard of als and don't know what the **** it is so won't be donating"

Soo many videos now though its just silly surely there'll be no one left soon.

I saw today that someone said they weren't going to do the ibc, because they heard it originated from a Satanic ritual. Yep, stupid people. 

The word 'naff'.

As a fan of the TV show, Porridge, I like the word 'naff'. Could be wrong, but I think it comes from Polari. 

Yes indeed, see also 'Nerk' which I have used on many an occasion much to the bemusement of most people.

• Like 2

The fact that I had a little fun with my youknow what. It was dark and i was still kinda sleepy but really needed it. Turns out i used some anti dandruff shampoo&conditioner, now it burns.

Should have took Jenna Jameson's advice. "Use spit for lube."

• Like 1

Now I understand the whole Ice Bucket system I think it's pretty ingenious. As a whole, it's using people's desire for social acceptance/gratification to effectively force them to donate to charity.

Obviously there's not much accountability so some people don't really donate but the numbers don't lie and there's been a shitload donated.

Some of the videos are funny too. The bit that pisses me off (other than the faux-donators) is that some people seem to think they're some altruistic saint for pouring some cold water on themselves. I suppose it's not really the challenge's fault that those people are dicks though.

Just watched Homer Simpson's one :)

trouble is I got nominated yesterday and came to work today and as a lot of the people in the office are FB friends they are now all asking me when I'm doing my video

when i said i wasn't you'd think i'd just shot Bambi the looks I got

I'm with you.  I donate to a number of charities and that is my own personal choice.  I do it out of the respect I have for these charities. I've been private about religion, politics and money. Who and when I donate to is part of that privacy.  Does that make me a spoilsport? Possibly, but I stand by my principles and being nominated to do the ice bucket challenge won't change it.  I'll just ignore it knowing that I do my bit without having the pressure to conform with the multitude.  

Or, better yet.  If I do get nominated I'll post this and tell people that is my privacy about the nature in which I donate.  Old Picard had it right and they can think of me doing the same thing (just not on anybody else's timescale and in my own privacy):

http://youtu.be/7ADT_iBYqsk

I applaud those who have done it and well done to them for taking the time to help a worthy cause. I've actually LOL at some of them. Just don't expect us all to do it just because we've been nominated. We have our reasons. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

You're not allowed to take anything into the cinema that is not purchased at their extortionate kiosks. Prisoner pricing.

Although they are not allowed to frisk you, AFAIK? I never buy anything at their ridiculous kiosks, yet always take drinks and chocs in via the missus' handbag, or my pockets.
It's private property. If their policy is a full search to gain entry then that's up to them (and you as a consumer / customer). Who do you think would be in a position to "allow" them or not?
They'd need your permission. You could refuse. I guess they could then deny you entry, but there's no way I'd allow a cinema Usher to 'frisk' me. TBH they have never tried, or even asked what I have in my pockets etc. Take your own food in, but don't advertise it ...

So far it raised 48 million for charity. All the best to everyone who's took part. Even if they didn't donate themselves, others will have seen them do it and had a go themselves and donated.

Â