Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I think airlines should have acted on this before now. Basically, if they have seats that facilitate reclining, then reclining should be allowed. Anyone trying to stop that, by whatever means, should be dealt with (by means of fine, ban etc). If airlines allow reclining seats, then recline, if you want. Simple as.

It's a bit like buying a packet of crisps on board, and then some halfwit next to you trying to stop you eating them, as it's too noisy. If it's allowed, it's allowed.

I think airlines should have acted on this before now. Basically, if they have seats that facilitate reclining, then reclining should be allowed. Anyone trying to stop that, by whatever means, should be dealt with (by means of fine, ban etc). If airlines allow reclining seats, then recline, if you want. Simple as.

It's a bit like buying a packet of crisps on board, and then some halfwit next to you trying to stop you eating them, as it's too noisy. If it's allowed, it's allowed.

Not really,  you can take 10 packs of monster munch into the Cinema and that is allowed but you are still a proper word removed for doing it.

Not really,  you can take 10 packs of monster munch into the Cinema and that is allowed but you are still a proper word removed for doing it.

True, although a better analogy would be if the cinema provided those bags of monster munch next to each seat. Cinemas tend to 'promote' ludicrously expensive popcorn, sweets, drinks etc, in their kiosks outside the auditoriums. They don't actively provide you with the crisps to take in. These seats are reclining seats. AFAIK, you don't have a choice of reclining or non reclining seat. I guess maybe they thought they were a good idea, at some point, but it's obviously lead to some problems.

I don't have a big problem with it either way. I'd rather people didn't recline and steal more of my limited personal space, but when that option is there for people, sadly some will take it. I would have no real right to try to stop them from reclining, as this penis in the story has obviously tried to do.

Live and let lie, etc.

Which brings me to the issue of the blinds on Virgin trains ..... :angry:  ;)

You're not allowed to take anything into the cinema that is not purchased at their extortionate kiosks.  Prisoner pricing.

Although they are not allowed to frisk you, AFAIK? I never buy anything at their ridiculous kiosks, yet always take drinks and chocs in via the missus' handbag, or my pockets.

• Like 1

It's not the legroom/reclining seats that bothers me on flights, it's when you're sat next to a fat B*stard.

As a fat B*stard myself it's most uncomfortable. I'd much rather be sat next to/slightly on top of a skinny person. Unless they're so skinny that their elbows are all sharp and pointy.

• Like 2

As this is the things that piss you off thread and we are talking about flights. Here goes.

Complimentary drinks, keep them coming, dont make me walk down the plane to get them.

Paid for drinks, visit me every thirty minutes, I always want a refill, dont make me walk down the plane to get them.

Kids, cant they be corralled together, away from me, maybe in a separate plane. 

• Like 2

You're not allowed to take anything into the cinema that is not purchased at their extortionate kiosks.  Prisoner pricing.

Although they are not allowed to frisk you, AFAIK? I never buy anything at their ridiculous kiosks, yet always take drinks and chocs in via the missus' handbag, or my pockets.

It's private property. If their policy is a full search to gain entry then that's up to them (and you as a consumer / customer). Who do you think would be in a position to "allow" them or not?

"Dross" and "Tripe"

I could count on one hand the amount of times I've heard the former said in my entire life but on here it's basically used as punctuation by some. As for tripe, I actually feed it to my dog every day and I still seem to see the word more on this forum. Don't get me wrong, people can write whatever and however they like, but Christ.

I remember when I woke up late for work once and had to leave without having any breakfast. I didn't eat anything until I got to my desk and had some crisps, probably like an hour later.

I mean, I felt giddy then, let alone two hours. You're pulling my leg.

• Like 1

Stupid people.

"Ice bucket challenge is stupid and isn't raising awareness,

I'd never even heard of als and don't know what the **** it is so won't be donating"

Soo many videos now though its just silly surely there'll be no one left soon.

Â