Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

when i said i wasn't you'd think i'd just shot Bambi the looks I got

Exactly, and some people can't take that kind of peer pressure. Even if they don't want to do it they will anyway and most of them will donate. It's beautiful. :lol:

No one's challenged me yet. I guess they know what I'd reply. 

I already donate to the MND charity, as a mate of mine (ironically, the running club captain, and the toughest bloke I've ever met) has it. 

Why don't the top 100 rich people in the world distribute half of their wealth each?  World's problems sorted.

Eh, a few hundred billion won't solve the middle east. The best bet is for them to emulate Bill Gates, start a foundation, pick a disease and try to eradicate it. He nearly got polio until the baddies done **** his plans up.

Edited by ArteSuave

Why don't the top 100 rich people in the world distribute half of their wealth each?  World's problems sorted.

i had a (stupid) idea some years ago , which was to create a website called Shame.com (or something) and put rich and or  famous peoples estimated earnings / net worth next to pictures of starving children or poverty or all sorts of other tear jerking images   ... was then going to follow it up with military spend   

as I say it was a crap idea ...... but when i read some actor getting $20m for making a film I do sorta think the world has gone a bit mad

i had a (stupid) idea some years ago , which was to create a website called Shame.com (or something) and put rich and or  famous peoples estimated earnings / net worth next to pictures of starving children or poverty or all sorts of other tear jerking images   ...

Here's one

i-said-do-as-say-not.gif

• Like 2

Premier League footballers. Just sayin' like. 

I raised this once before when it was trendy to bash bankers  .. people didn't seem to be offended by the fact Emile Heskey has a rumoured net worth of £14m for "playing" football

Edited by tonyh29

i had a (stupid) idea some years ago , which was to create a website called Shame.com (or something) and put rich and or  famous peoples estimated earnings / net worth next to pictures of starving children or poverty or all sorts of other tear jerking images   ...

Here's one

i-said-do-as-say-not.gif

that would make a great poster campaign   :)

What I'm going to say now is very controversial but when I'm shown images of starving malnutrition children (I mean really extreme stuff) and I'm told donating so much a month could feed them and save their lives. I begin to think save their life for what? A long life of agony in a country where the government(if there is one) will happily let them starve. Rebel groups that will commit no end of atrocities towards them that's if they don't fall in to the trap of doing it themselves.

The images shown are too extreme or maybe my thinking is all **** up but it doesn't make me want to donate. It actually puts me off at times.

People who recline seats on airplanes. It's not something that actually pisses me off at all but I'm interested in peoples views on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-28943131

For me any flight that isn't long haul there is no need to recline really, it's a short flight treat it as a bus journey. If someone does feel the need to recline then only recline at max 50%, fully reclined is only for sleeping and if you want to sleep in the middle of the day accept that the majority of people don't and as such the person behind you probably wants to use their tray table. 

I have to admit I like how Ryanair don't have any reclining seats. 

A US flight had to be diverted after one passenger prevented another from reclining her seat, according to reports. When is it acceptable to lean back at 30,000ft, asks Jon Kelly.

You can see the nervous glances on any flight when the seatbelt light is pinged off, as each passenger anxiously wonders: "Do I have a recliner in front of me? Are my precious seven inches of legroom safe?"

Incursions into personal space are a familiar source of aggravation at high altitudes. So it's not surprising that, according to reports, a United Airlines flight from Newark to Denver was diverted when a passenger prevented the woman in front of him from leaning back using a $21.95 (£13) lock called a Knee Defender. The plastic clips go on the metal arms of the tray table, physically preventing the seat in front from being reclined. The clips come with a card that can be given to affected passengers to explain the motivation of the user.

After the passenger allegedly refused requests from cabin crew to remove the Knee Defender, the un-laid back fellow traveller in front allegedly hurled a glass of water at him.

The man's methods may be extreme, but some travellers - unable to work on their laptops, eat, or simply enjoy the meagre proportions of economy class to the full as a result of leaners-back - will sympathise. For some time now, a backlash against reclining has been under way.

Earlier this year, a frequent business traveller's call for a "revolt" against reclining seats went viral. A survey by Skyscanner in 2013 suggested nine out of 10 travellers wanted to see them banned. Another poll for CabinCrew.com indicated that more than 60% of international cabin crew had observed an argument between passengers as a result of them.

Woman asleep on plane
It's not just the manufacturers of the Knee Defender that have sought to capitalise. In May Monarch Airlines announced plans to scrap reclining seats, following the example set by Ryanair.

But recliners can offer reasonable excuses. They may be very tall or affected by other physical impairments. On a red-eye, different rules apply - everyone wants to maximise their chances of catching an hour or two of sleep.

So what to do? The advice offered by Debrett's is to "ease your chair gently into a reclining position, which will avoid a sudden invasion of the limited legroom of the passenger behind".

Etiquette expert Jean Broke-Smith takes a firmer line. On overnight flights there is a tacit understanding that everyone will lean back when the lights go off, she says. On long-haul journeys it is acceptable. Otherwise, she says, "I think it's very rude." She adds: "At the very least, you should turn around and say, 'Excuse me' first."

Asking passengers to talk politely to each other? Fasten your seatbelts now, please.

Send us your views on reclining using the form on the right.

Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.

Because all of their wealth is tied up in shares or funds or assets that are not cash. I think lots of them will give large amounts of their wealth to charity when they get very old or die. 

Warren Buffett and Bill Gates have given nearly all their wealth to a fund for the 3rd world and the 3rd World is still a poor place. 

There are no quick fixes as the problems with countries is not simply lack of money, its far more than that. 

• Like 3

Just watched Homer Simpson's one :)

trouble is I got nominated yesterday and came to work today and as a lot of the people in the office are FB friends they are now all asking me when I'm doing my video

when i said i wasn't you'd think i'd just shot Bambi the looks I got

I had no idea what this Ice Bucket challenge was, I am on Facebook maybe once every 3 or so weeks. I read no timelines I check if I've had a message or mention or what not and i'm off it 2 mins later. I was away in Montenegro for past 10 days. Went on facebook and was tagged for doing this, Ignored it of course. 

Was sent WhatsApps in the group message asking when I was doing it. My reply

"Given I haven't been 21 for over a decade I'd say the changes I'm going to go organise a video of someone dumping cold water over me, upload this video to facebook and then donate money to charity is well beyond the nil part of slim to nil." 

Seems a laugh if you're a kid, but seriously? It's stupider than Movember. 

• Like 1

People who recline seats on airplanes. It's not something that actually pisses me off at all but I'm interested in peoples views on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-28943131

For me any flight that isn't long haul there is no need to recline really, it's a short flight treat it as a bus journey. If someone does feel the need to recline then only recline at max 50%, fully reclined is only for sleeping and if you want to sleep in the middle of the day accept that the majority of people don't and as such the person behind you probably wants to use their tray table. 

I have to admit I like how Ryanair don't have any reclining seats. 

When I choose my seat online I always try and get one right at the back so I can recline guilt free. You usually have to put up the stench from the bogs then though.

Ugh, I hate flying.

I reclined on my recent long haul flight. But I don't on short haul flights.

On the long haul, it was Emirates (don't know if that matters but I don't take many long haul flights) and the chairs are such a way that somebody reclining in front does't really affect your leg room. It sort of reclines over your knees, if that makes sense.

So it really didn't matter.

I reclined on my recent long haul flight. But I don't on short haul flights.

On the long haul, it was Emirates (don't know if that matters but I don't take many long haul flights) and the chairs are such a way that somebody reclining in front does't really affect your leg room. It sort of reclines over your knees, if that makes sense.

So it really didn't matter.

not sure how tall you are and i dont think it did on the big un but on their normal plance as a 6ft 2" man i can tell you that it does really affect your leg room...

also you can adjust the tv to suit the person in front reclining but i ended up getting a really bad reflection of light on it which pissed me off even more than the leg room

• Like 2

Â