Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

Just binged on 6 episodes of 

The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

Even though its a couple of years old i can highly recommend it. 

Found it to be compelling and well worth the watch and Its available free on Sky box sets.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4299972/?ref_=nv_sr_1

91bhcZQDWhL._SX342_.jpg

Also has this terrific track opening each programme ?

Edited by imavillan
added The Eels soundtrack
  • Like 1

Watched a documentry about Sobibor yesterday ( German death camp ) apparently it was so bad that the Germans pulled it down in 1944 and Himler said "not one word will be spoken, not one word will be written about this place"

What gets me is that it is now a wood and they found the holes where the original fence posts went in, so they were able to mark the outlines of the camp.Apparently going there they could hear birds chirping and flitting about in the trees BUT inside the camp there are no birds at all..............very strange I thought.

Also if there really are ghosts then that would be the place to find them.

Why dont they find out why birds dont go inside the camp and check on ghosts ? opportunities for great documentries missed.

36 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Why dont they find out why birds dont go inside the camp and check on ghosts ? opportunities for great documentries missed.

They probably don't do it because there's no such thing as ghosts. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

They aren’t missing opportunities for great documentaries. They are not wasting time and money exploring a myth that is just a myth. It’s more interesting for some to believe in untruths than know it’s a wooded area with birds and no ghosts in.

I was just repeating what was said in the documentary.

As far as the lack of birds is concerned, animals and birds can sence things that we cant, so maybe the birds sence something ?! I thought it would be worth investigating in another documentary.As far as the ghosts are concerned, there are already a lot of documentries about ghosts.It just makes you wonder, if they are going to do a documentary about ghosts,why dont they go there or to any of the D-Day beaches. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Shoulder to shoulder,  on BT sport, with Brian O'Driscoll. A look at the Ireland rugby team from late 60s through the recent "troubles".

Very interesting if rugby's your thing.

• 1 month later...

Storyville - Poisining America: The Devil you know.

On the BBC and a stunning example of how huge corporations (in this case Dupont) behave when there's a choice between profit and people. Utterly, utterly brilliant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bs68rr?fbclid=IwAR34W9_JsFOX3QgJadXp6WCW7XQXi_RRP6-2DLbKGEEEzY2IgH27WtXWpXI

"A Storyville documentary following a group of citizens in West Virginia who take on a corporation after they discover it has been dumping a toxic chemical into the water supply."

Â