Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Is Michael Jackson's music about to be filed away in the 'never play again' section along with Gary Glitter and R Kelly's?

without watching the film yet id be interested to see if they touch on what made him like this, if they tell the story of his family **** him up and then go on to tell the story of just how much money his estate is still making off him

i think BBC have another documentary coming out about him, not sure what the point is, this channel 4 one is with HBO so its going to have massive clout in the states

Just now, villa4europe said:

without watching the film yet id be interested to see if they touch on what made him like this, if they tell the story of his family **** him up and then go on to tell the story of just how much money his estate is still making off him

They don't, at all.

I think its better for it though to be honest. This is about what he did and how manipulative he was not the reasons why he may have done it, its totally from the victims perspective.

12 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Where did you find it? Netflix?

HBO on Sunday night so if you can access that kind of content its available now otherwise its in 2 parts on Channel 4 on Weds/Thurs.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Is Michael Jackson's music about to be filed away in the 'never play again' section along with Gary Glitter and R Kelly's?

I doubt it.

I don't think R Kelly's music will stop being listened to. There's a world of difference between Glitter's popularity and R Kelly's.
And then there's another universe of difference between Kelly and Jackson.

It might take a hit, but I very much doubt it will stop getting played.

I'm a huge Jackson fan so more of this stuff coming out makes me very sad (not the fact it's coming out, the fact it points more and more towards it being true). But I won't stop listening to his music.

On 04/03/2019 at 22:15, coda said:

Watched the first part of the Michael Jackson documentary Leaving Neverland. It's sickening and convincing.

Seen this was on Netflix last night while looking for something completely different and upon reading this thread and review.. went to go and watch it and it's no longer on Netflix.

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Seen this was on Netflix last night while looking for something completely different and upon reading this thread and review.. went to go and watch it and it's no longer on Netflix.

It's on Channel 4 tonight.

Part 2 tomorrow night.

It's HBO so it's never been on Netflix (in the UK anyway)

Edited by Stevo985

On 11/01/2019 at 14:31, Stevo985 said:

Hopefully seeing Free Solo on Tuesday night at the Electric in Birmingham.

Not for the faint hearted!

Didn't manage to see it in cinemas, but Free Solo was on Nat Geo HD this week, so anyone with Sky can watch it on demand

It won the Oscar last month for best documentary.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope

I'm sure I read a headline somewhere that they were?

Trust me when this airs on Channel 4 there's going to be a massive backlash, people will lose their minds over this whether you believe its true or not.

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm a huge Jackson fan so more of this stuff coming out makes me very sad (not the fact it's coming out, the fact it points more and more towards it being true). But I won't stop listening to his music.

Are you planning on watching it? Be interesting to hear a fan's reaction.

35 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I'm sure I read a headline somewhere that they were?

Trust me when this airs on Channel 4 there's going to be a massive backlash, people will lose their minds over this whether you believe its true or not.

Michael Jackson’s Music Has Not Been Banned by the BBC

“The BBC does not ban artists,” the rep said. “We consider each piece of music on its merits and decisions on what we play on different networks are always made with relevant audiences and context in mind,” she said, adding that BBC2’s playlists focus on new artists and thus music from Jackson, who died of an accidental drug overdose in 2009, does not apply (the most recent posthumous album was released in 2014).

2 minutes ago, coda said:

Are you planning on watching it? Be interesting to hear a fan's reaction.

Yep I'll be watching it. Might not get to it until the weekend though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope

It's interesting, the story came out, then the Beeb came out a couple of days later to deny it, but also said they probably won't be playing any of his stuff anyway. A strange one - anyway, as you say, Jacko is not banned on Radio 2.

Â