Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I caught this by accident over the weekend. It's a sort of play/documentary and it's very interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08zj2wq/performance-live-why-its-kicking-off-everywhere

A sort of potted history of how being angry with power structures got us from the Arab Spring to Trump - it's a short(ish) straightforward telling of recent history and it's very good.

I enjoyed it too. it felt a little light on info but at least it wasn't overtly partisan; which is pretty amazing for Senor Mason as he's had a very interesting and contradictory couple of years.

I also watched 'The Red Pill', which I thought was pretty good, even if it could have explored many more issues and causes. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

good documentary on Sky Arts at the minute about Dante's Inferno

'Dante & the invention of hell its called, its pretty good, it'll probably be repeated again, worth a watch if you enjoyed Inferno, I've been meaning to re-read it for some time, after watching this I reckon I'll finally get round to it

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

I have never loved a music band as much as ive loved AC/DC.

For me they are the greatest band ever....

Both their songs are really good, for sure. The loud one and the quieter one - both, really good. :P

(actually I saw them yonks ago at the NEC, and they were pretty damn good)

• Haha 1

Happy Valley - the story of the Penn State scandal - available on Netflix. 

Fascinating and shows you how loved and how much power a college football team has over its town. 

Trailer below:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched "Senna" again over Christmas. 

Still superb.

I had to really coax the OH into watching it. She has zero interest in Formula 1, or any sport, and did not want to watch it.

But even she said it was really good.

• Like 1

Watched "Senna" again over Christmas. 

Still superb.

I had to really coax the OH into watching it. She has zero interest in Formula 1, or any sport, and did not want to watch it.

But even she said it was really good.

Â