Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

On 22/04/2024 at 06:44, Rds1983 said:

Watched the first episode of Baby Reindeer last night and seems good so far. 

Much better than 3 Body Problem which we gave up watching halfway through. 

Wrong thread, I believe. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Wrong thread, I believe. 

Was thinking I've not posted in that thread for ages.

It's based on a true story so I'll pretend it's a documentary drama.

If a Mod wants to move it though please do.

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Was thinking I've not posted in that thread for ages.

It's based on a true story so I'll pretend it's a documentary drama.

If a Mod wants to move it though please do.

I was being flippant. However, I have received a yellow card, believe it or not, for just posting in the wrong thread.

• Like 1

The Cross and the Axe (Bogdan Dziworski)

Elegiac documentary about Krzyżtopór Castle in the village of Ujazd, southern Poland. Built between ca. 1627 and 1644 by Krzysztof Ossoliński, it was occupied until 1770 when it was destroyed by the Russian army during the military actions against the army of the Bar Confederation. Nowadays, the castle is classified as a permanent ruin. The film is a powerful meditation on vanity and historical decline whose ghosts inhabit the ancient ruins. Modern times are really ridiculous compared to the magnificence of the destroyed fortress.

Very great, visually stunning, and good soundtrack which I think is some sort folk choral thing, and sound design is good too, I didn't even know what it was about as I watching, I just knew people rave about Bogdan Dziworski documentaries as being hidden gems, and this was definitely good, some of the cinematography was like watching Tarkovsky film or something, this one about Ice Hockey from the same director also looks interesting

Â