Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

• 3 weeks later...

The Bobby Robson doc on Netflix is superb. Sir John Hall was saying that (Newcastle) players were cruel to Bobby leading up to his sacking. I forget the details of the event, does anyone remember which players were "cruel" and in what way were they?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

The Bobby Robson doc on Netflix is superb. 

Just watched it this afternoon while I'm "working" from home. That Gazza moment at the end was proper lump in the throat stuff.

It was interesting to see Shearer putting the blame on the younger players for him getting the sack. I was under the impression it was Shearer who'd done for him having been dropped for one of the European ties.

• Like 1

On 21/12/2018 at 16:35, choffer said:

Just watched it this afternoon while I'm "working" from home. That Gazza moment at the end was proper lump in the throat stuff.

It was interesting to see Shearer putting the blame on the younger players for him getting the sack. I was under the impression it was Shearer who'd done for him having been dropped for one of the European ties.

Didn't Shearer get Gullet sacked aswell?

On 21/12/2018 at 13:28, maqroll said:

The Bobby Robson doc on Netflix is superb. Sir John Hall was saying that (Newcastle) players were cruel to Bobby leading up to his sacking. I forget the details of the event, does anyone remember which players were "cruel" and in what way were they?

Fantastic documentary. Sir Bobby always came across as a thoroughly decent human being. A bit like GT in that respect. 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Fantastic documentary. Sir Bobby always came across as a thoroughly decent human being. A bit like GT in that respect. 

Fat Ronaldo comes across quite well too. Reflective and genuine. And thankful to Robson for his mentoring.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Fat Ronaldo comes across quite well too. Reflective and genuine. And thankful to Robson for his mentoring.

He does.

Jose as well... still calls him Mr Robson, which shows the level of respect he has for him.

On 21/12/2018 at 16:35, choffer said:

Shearer looked a bit evasive in the documentary when asked about it, seemed like he was lying. He has always been a total word removed, a massive diva.

• Thanks 1

On 26/12/2018 at 09:24, Dr_Pangloss said:

Shearer looked a bit evasive in the documentary when asked about it, seemed like he was lying. He has always been a total word removed, a massive diva.

This.

Shearer was almost undroppable, and when he was there was always a huge media wankfest over it. He had way too much power in that club in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

It was the video of them repeatedly smashing the piglets onto the floor.

man, the cruelest animal on the planet.....

add into the mix there too many people on the plant and not enough resource....something has to give

• Sad 1

On 27/12/2018 at 21:17, AvfcRigo82 said:

I read loads on Zeitgeist years ago not long after all the 9/11 atrocities and watched a few of their things.

Will be giving this one a watch this week for sure.  

Looks like it might be thought provoking at least and profound at best.

Let me know if you get your hands on a copy.

From what I can tell it's only available at certain cinemas or to be purchased for viewing rights. There is nowhere to watch it online even if you pay for it just yet.

• Like 1

Â