Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

On 12/01/2019 at 07:46, theboyangel said:

this sums up some of Matt Goss’s pearls of wisdom 🤣

well worth a watch and still available on BBC iPlayer. 

At times you can’t help but think it’s a wind up but they’re as genuine as they can be (but totally lost in their own showbiz/sibling rivalry worlds). 

Compelling viewing. 

Watched this the other day - dear lord: 

This is what happens to people when they have smoke  blown up their arses for years and every whim is catered to. It's exacerbated if they aren't that intelligent to begin with.

• Like 2

I watched the Bros documentary and have to say enjoyed it. I was gonna give it 30 minutes to watch some of the Brentism's in context but ended up watching the whole thing.

I'm a couple of years too young really for when Bros were at the height of their success so didn't really know much about them. They were much bigger than I remembered.

The brothers are hilarious though, they manage to argue even when they are agreeing with each other which is brilliant.

One thing that got glossed over though was the money, it said when they split they were broke. Cars were immediately taken away and had to pawn engagement ring to free up some cash. Where did all their money go?

Netflix's Fyre Festival documentary is worth a watch, if only to see a parade of horrible people screw each other over without quite realising it. Unfortunately they also harm some unwitting innocents in the middle (by which I mean the people doing the work, not the attendees).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Netflix's Fyre Festival documentary is worth a watch, if only to see a parade of horrible people screw each other over without quite realising it. Unfortunately they also harm some unwitting innocents in the middle (by which I mean the people doing the work, not the attendees).

I feel bad for SOME of the attendees.

Most of what they focused on in the documentary were the influencers who got invited for free or the rich words removed who put 800 grand on their wristband and probably don't care.

But I bet there were people in there who were seriously financially hit by attending and got completely screwed out of the money and the experience. You could say they were stupid for falling for it, but it was a pretty convincing sell

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

Dunno if this has been mentioned but Netflix are streaming the Ted Bundy interrogation tapes at the moment. 30 years after his execution. 

As interesting as they are, Bundy was full of shit to the end. The most revealing thing about those tapes is the fact he seemed unable to... 'accept'... what he had done even though he was somewhat proud of doing it. When laying out the details of the murders he often basically whispered them as if it was done dirty secret, when everyone knew what he'd done. And then there's the bones for time thing.

He was a particularly evil word removed.

Don't know if this has been posted before as It's from 2011 but I watched this last night on Channel 5.

It gives a fascinating insight into the running of the train station and Japanese culture. 

The Worlds Busiest Train Station

Not a place for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia !!!!

Its available to watch on Daily Motion.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The 2 killings of Sam Cooke on Netflix, the remastered series has been great so far this was no exception, right down my alley to be fair, I listen a little to Sam Cooke (mainly the Harlem club album which is incredible) and want to listen more, potentially discovered a new band (the valentinos) 

• Like 3

On 11/02/2019 at 09:38, villa4europe said:

The 2 killings of Sam Cooke on Netflix, the remastered series has been great so far this was no exception, right down my alley to be fair, I listen a little to Sam Cooke (mainly the Harlem club album which is incredible) and want to listen more, potentially discovered a new band (the valentinos) 

Always loved his songs but didn't actually know the wider history around him until googling this documentary just now and I'm very glad I do as it I feel it's something I should know. Will certainly give this a watch.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, coda said:

Watched the first part of the Michael Jackson documentary Leaving Neverland. It's sickening and convincing.

For anyone in any doubt about what he was getting up to you must watch this 2 parter documentary. He was far more than an eccentric with an unhealthy attraction towards kids, if you believe what the 2 lads in this documentary very convincingly portray then he wasn't far away from a highly calculating monster who knew exactly how to manipulate adults and children alike to get what he wanted. A very disturbing individual indeed.

For anyone who has just watched Abducted in plain sight this proposes very similar questions as to how everyone could be so clueless, not least the parents who at best turned a blind eye to it and at worst enabled him to carry out his sick acts.

It stays with you the next day believe me.

Edited by AVFCDAN

Â