Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

again that's nonsense

they are in investment fund, they dont have £260bn sat in a bank, they have investments, shares and assets, of that £260bn portfolio newcastle will be £300m, £45bn of it is in SoftBank, £3.5bn of it is in Uber, they own a bit of Disney, facebook, IBM, boeing, citigroup, BP...they've have their fingers absolutely everywhere

its like our owners money is tied up in NS ownership of adidas, he's not going to sell adidas to fun us any time soon, the saudi's wont be selling their share of uber to buy mbappe

Man City's owners didn't need to put all £26bn of their assets in to the club to take it to the top. Just about a billion so far, apparently. A certain amount of that £260bn, almost certainly the majority, will be fairly illiquid and tied up in assets. But at that level of wealth a couple of billion becomes loose change. They won't need to sell anything to buy Mbappe, they'll have more than enough disposable cash to buy whatever the hell they like.

The only thing stopping them is FFP...

Simpsons Money GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Just sucks Bruce is gonna get fired now. Dean is going to lose his punching bag. 

He will be back, wouldnt be surprised if he turns up at Watford at some stage

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

said before thats a load of nonsense

they're an investment firm currently looking to have a portfolio worth £400bn, that doesnt mean they have disposable income or £400bn sat in their back pocket - and they wont be selling their shares in facebook to fund a new training ground for the club, newcastle just become a £300m chunk of that portfolio

Isn't that the same with all club owners though?

It's not like Nasseff has 5 billion cash in the bank. He's "worth" 5BN. All of his would be tied up in assets too

• Like 2

Also the Reuben brothers have a 10% share and are worth 16bil themselves so ..

Anyone thinking they won't be challengers only need to look at City and PSG who not only have become constant league winners , they also dragged Real,Barca etc into spending more and more who had no oil money backing have have left them bankrupt 

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The only thing stopping them is FFP...

Man City have shown just how toothless FFP is if you’ve the cash to just push on. Spend what’s needed on lawyers and fight it all the way. You’ll eventually get a slap on the wrists and a fine, which doesn’t bother you anyway. 

• Like 1

Be interesting to see which top players will be convinced to jump on this bonanza by their agents. Best, best case scenario for them they will be in the CL the season after next. Not everyone will be willing to come there for the rebuild playing with Longstaffs for a season and a half, no matter how much they get paid. A lot of player will of course.

Raiola is promising to make Haaland the first £1m a week player but Haaland is super dedicated and professional and I suspect he'd want to join Real or maybe but probably not Man City. He's young so he can always join Newcastle in 3 years if this project gets going in the right direction. For me Haaland is THE player they should go for if possible, and they do love a #9 up there... Hope he goes elsewhere thou.

M'bappé is another one I doubt will take a massive step down at this time.

Wonder who they'll bring in to run the stuff and if they'll go the galacticos route or the smart one. Some quality players in Pedri, Fati, Kessie, Pogba, M'bappé, Dybala, Rudiger and so on who have not signed new deals yet.

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Be interesting to see how all of this plays out. I'm not really too bothered by it either way really. 

I was a bit at first but yeah I'm not too bothered. It will just be another abnoxious fan base to replace one of the existing ones. 

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

All the money in the world might not be enough to save them from dropping this season though.

No doubt the PL would find something to keep them in the league. Be it a promoted team that done something wrong or one of the clubs that avoided the drop. Or they'll just expand the league temporarily.

Just now, sne said:

No doubt the PL would find something to keep them in the league. Be it a promoted team that done something wrong or one of the clubs that avoided the drop. Or they'll just expand the league temporarily.

I don't actually think they would, but it doesn't matter anyway, they'll just spend a year battering the Championship and then win the PL the year after.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

I have little doubt that the PL looked the other way when it comes to literally everything to do with SA and this deal, but this conspiracy theory about unprecedented action in a hypothetical scenario is a bit much :D 

• Haha 1

Â