Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

All the money in the world might not be enough to save them from dropping this season though.

If this goes through you'd expect them to massively improve in form and buy in January. They aren't going down this season for me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I have little doubt that the PL looked the other way when it comes to literally everything to do with SA and this deal, but this conspiracy theory about unprecedented action in a hypothetical scenario is a bit much :D 

Yeah, just like the Saudis the PL is probably not in a huge rush. The money will be there for the PL sooner or later.

Then again these guys are used to get away with murder scot-free despite blatant evidence against them.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Be interesting to see how all of this plays out. I'm not really too bothered by it either way really. 

The only thing I'm bothered about will be the sycophantic bullshit every time they play

I think it's kind of highlighted the absurdity of it all, for me.

I don't want to be like Man City. So we'll always play second, third, 4th, or somewhere around 8th fiddle to these bastards.  What's the goal, to push on year on year and really "earn it" with our billionaires? Ask the likes of Norwich or Brentford fans, they see us with our mediocre 6th richest owners in very much the same vein as Chelsea and co.We're just not as successful. We can certainly take the moral high ground when it comes to state sanctioned murder, but not on much else.

Long story short, I'm going to watch the ice hockey for the first time this weekend :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One positive to come from this will be that all the Top 6 will push desperately for a strict, enforceable salary/transfer cap.  No way are they going to let Newcastle just waltz in and steal a CL spot without a fight.  Villa is already built well for when that gets enacted.  The key to winning under strict salary limits is to invest heavily in youth since their first couple of contracts will always be significantly less than an equally talented vet.  Our youth setup has to be one of the best in the PL right now.  UTV!  

• Like 2

Â