Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

48 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

I mean... good grief.

They're about to become an even more loathsome club than Man City. I'm sure the fans will just respond with "boring" or "cry more" when taken up on it.

As cringe as grown men changing their Twitter handles to include Saudi flags or have MBS avatars 

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

I mean... good grief.

They're about to become an even more loathsome club than Man City. I'm sure the fans will just respond with "boring" or "cry more" when taken up on it.

Feel I should say that I realise our fans wouldn't be above this if we were taken over by a despotic government/sovereign wealth fund.

Discussion forums like this sometimes makes it easy to forget that most fans are amoral gobshites when it comes to things which benefit themselves and 'their' club.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Unlimited budget.

Would be a dream project for any manager.

Well no it isn't due to all of the FFP rules just like Villa.

At the end of the day they are still located in the middle of nowhere and that will be hard to bring in the top talent unless they allow them to live in London and fly up on matchdays.

There is a reason why they are 'only' valued at 300 mil even though they have a 50,000 stadium which they actually own.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well no it isn't due to all of the FFP rules just like Villa.

At the end of the day they are still located in the middle of nowhere and that will be hard to bring in the top talent unless they allow them to live in London and fly up on matchdays.

There is a reason why they are 'only' valued at 300 mil even though they have a 50,000 stadium which they actually own.

I'm sure these corrupt Saudis will find away to get around those rules. Multi million worth sponsor deals or whatever they have to do.

By any means necessary.

Edited by villalad21

Keane at Sunderland had a huge budget and couldn't attract average players on big salaries as they prepared to take a lower wage to play in London

Would Haaland or Mbappe take 500k a week in Newcastle or accept a paltry 350k at Chelsea or Real Madrid

16 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Feel I should say that I realise our fans wouldn't be above this if we were taken over by a despotic government/sovereign wealth fund.

Discussion forums like this sometimes makes it easy to forget that most fans are amoral gobshites when it comes to things which benefit themselves and 'their' club.

I think it's also a fairly foolish game to treat any any group of football fans as better than any other, really. With some very limited exceptions, football fans are football fans, regardless of the colour shirt they wear, and there's not much of a difference. With the exception of supporting Millwall or Birmingham, which is obviously a moral failing. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think it's also a fairly foolish game to treat any any group of football fans as better than any other, really. With some very limited exceptions, football fans are football fans, regardless of the colour shirt they wear, and there's not much of a difference. With the exception of supporting Millwall or Birmingham, which is obviously a moral failing. 

MiLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLWALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO ONE LIKES US WE DONT CARE YOU NORVERN MANKEY

16 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

So it turns out the Premier League had only one objection to this and it was based on broadcast piracy?

The Premier League only had one objections to this - it made the Qataris unhappy - that's what the hold up was.

If people don't think KSA will spend to make this work, it's possibly worth keeping in mind that they sweetened the solution on broadcast piracy by slipping Qatar the small matter of £730m.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A pie chart showing all of the Premier league teams by wealth of owner once this takeover is completed:

Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 12.23.11.png

said before thats a load of nonsense

they're an investment firm currently looking to have a portfolio worth £400bn, that doesnt mean they have disposable income or £400bn sat in their back pocket - and they wont be selling their shares in facebook to fund a new training ground for the club, newcastle just become a £300m chunk of that portfolio

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

yep it was for her love of the club, nothing to do with her owning 10% of something that the saudi investors will look to increase the value of 5x within a couple of years

shes about to become very rich

Gossip that they are going after key staff at Citeh - they could get them all if they wanted, they will run to the highest bidder. Will be fun watching Citeh have done to them what they have done to others.

Â