Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

http://"Newcastle takeover completed: Saudi-led consortium end Mike Ashley's 14-year ownership | Football News | Sky Sports" https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12427983/newcastle-takeover-completed-saudi-led-consortium-end-mike-ashleys-14-year-ownership

Staveley added: "This is a long-term investment. We are excited about the future prospects for Newcastle United.

"We intend to instill a united philosophy across the club, establish a clear purpose, and help provide leadership that will allow Newcastle United to go on to big achievements over the long term.

"Our ambition is aligned with the fans - to create a consistently successful team that's regularly competing for major trophies and generates pride across the globe."

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just read the sychophantic replies from the geordies. I get it's been a shit decade under Mike Ashley, but they have absolutely no shame.

Special shoutout to the ones who think their new Saudi overlords will enjoy seeing them cracking open a stella.

You should attend the palace parties in Riyadh - you'll see them knocking back more than just Stella's.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah but they will probably spend double to what we've been doing to speed up the process.

Fully expecting 200M+ every summer.

I would like to think FFP would block them doing that, I did say I would "like to think", it didn't stop Citeh. :( 

2 minutes ago, John said:

I would like to think FFP would block them doing that, I did say I would "like to think", it didn't stop Citeh. :( 

They are allowed to make a loss of 105m over 3 years. They are currently in profit so they could easily spend 250m+ in their next window and be fine with FFP. We were breaking FFP when we were in the Championship and we needed to sell Villa Park to avoid breach of FFP and we still spent 140m+ in our first window. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah but they will probably spend double to what we've been doing to speed up the process.

Fully expecting 200M+ every summer.

How is that possible?  Does FFP not exist, they’re more likely to get relegated break FFP rules next year and get points deduction 

Just now, gwi1890 said:

How is that possible?  Does FFP not exist, they’re more likely to get relegated break FFP rules next year and get points deduction 

They'll no doubt already have a plan on how to cheat the sponsorship figures and stadium rights to get some wriggle room. Expect to see some deals to bring in big name players on expiring contracts like PSG did this summer and then someone like say Raheem Sterling as a marquee signing.

And if they break the rules so what. They get a fine and a slap on the wrist.

City got a bit of a head start before FFP kicked in didn't they?  It might be a bit more difficult to just buy their way to the Champions League in the current climate.  I'm just surprised it took this long for the Premier League to bend over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I really hope they get relegated. They will be for a major rebuild either way. 

I can't see them going down. They will get some players in during the Jan window and their will be a new owner bounce and the fans will be 100% behind the team, particularly if they sack Bruce.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

City got a bit of a head start before FFP kicked in didn't they?  It might be a bit more difficult to just buy their way to the Champions League in the current climate.  I'm just surprised it took this long for the Premier League to bend over.

The loop hole to sponsor the Etihad stadium has been closed so City did benefit from that. Just like we benefitted from the loophole of selling our stadium to our owners and using that to avoid breaching FFP, that loophole has been closed too so they can't sell 'The Sports Direct Arena'

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Really hope we see some boycotts along the way. Shame on any Newcastle fan cheering this on. 

I am surprised with how many high profile expressing their approval. Shearer tweeted...YESSSSS, we can dare to dream again

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am surprised with how many high profile expressing their approval. Shearer tweeted...YESSSSS, we can dare to dream again

Sad. Really pathetic. All they care about is the notion of success. That mythic idea of Newcastle as the club they are supposedly meant to be. The media is just as guilty in helping this through. Cheerleaders for despots and a craven Premier League that only cares about its profits. Let’s see what happens in 5 years when the ESL starts again. 

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The loop hole to sponsor the Etihad stadium has been closed so City did benefit from that. Just like we benefitted from the loophole of selling our stadium to our owners and using that to avoid breaching FFP, that loophole has been closed too so they can't sell 'The Sports Direct Arena'

"The state are not connected to PIF" This is the BS being peddled. This is in preparation for Aramco to sponsor something. People shouldn't forget about the Reuben Brothers too. The entire consortium have a vast amount of contacts.

They'll be setting FFP or whatever it's gonna be called next.

Â