Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bruce will be counting the pay off and looking at flights to the Med as we speak.

After West Indies cricket, he needs to see what else is on the bucket list

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We've seen how certain clubs are so wealthy, they can hardly fail if they tried. Man United have been a shambles for nearly a decade, but they're so wealthy it hardly matters.  Imagine them with the wealth of a nation behind them.

This is a PR vehicle for the saudi regime, and it will not be allowed to fail, the amount of cash required to push Newcastle to the top is a trifling sum in the grand scheme of things.

I think the best case scenario is FFP slows things down so it takes a few years

United have failed massively though. Every player they buy is £50M+. Doesn’t matter if you can’t make it work. Just having billions to spend doesn’t guarantee anything. 

I don’t know anything about the Saudi culture but I’m guessing this is more a of toy than a PR vehicle. I reckon they’ll sack the manager every 8 months, spend £200M per window and not win anything as there’s zero direction other than the Prince of Oil saying “we need to win every game.” 

I’ll start worrying if they start taking staff from the likes of Benfica, Atalanta, the Red Bull teams or Lille. Brentford, Norwich, Brighton to a lesser extent. 

6 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

United have failed massively though. Every player they buy is £50M+. Doesn’t matter if you can’t make it work. Just having billions to spend doesn’t guarantee anything. 

I don’t know anything about the Saudi culture but I’m guessing this is more a of toy than a PR vehicle. I reckon they’ll sack the manager every 8 months, spend £200M per window and not win anything as there’s zero direction other than the Prince of Oil saying “we need to win every game.” 

I’ll start worrying if they start taking staff from the likes of Benfica, Atalanta, the Red Bull teams or Lille. Brentford, Norwich, Brighton to a lesser extent. 

Im sure they sacked a couple of managers during the World Cup group stages 😂

5 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

If failing massively constitutes finishing in the top four in the majority of seasons while regularly reaching cup finals and winning a few trophies I think you could sign the vast majority of teams up for that.

Newcastle cannot fail to be up there challenging spending the amounts of money which they will be spending. Yes, it might take them some time to get there but there's no doubt that they will become the next Manchester City but with even more money behind them.

I would say that I am pretty glad that this takeover isn't happening at Villa. I felt pretty uncomfortable with the Dr Tony takeover and I'm not sure I could give my support to a team financed by the Saudi government. I guess its difficult to know what you'd do until you're put in that situation but this takeover more than any other must be a particularly difficult one to ignore and continue to support your team.

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

If failing massively constitutes finishing in the top four in the majority of seasons while regularly reaching cup finals and winning a few trophies I think you could sign the vast majority of teams up for that.

Newcastle cannot fail to be up there challenging spending the amounts of money which they will be spending. Yes, it might take them some time to get there but there's no doubt that they will become the next Manchester City but with even more money behind them.

I would say that I am pretty glad that this takeover isn't happening at Villa. I felt pretty uncomfortable with the Dr Tony takeover and I'm not sure I could give my support to a team financed by the Saudi government. I guess its difficult to know what you'd do until you're put in that situation but this takeover more than any other must be a particularly difficult one to ignore and continue to support your team.

I agree but lets hope it does not get our owners to throw in the towel 

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Utter farce. Does anyone actually believe it? Corruption 

You can make someone argue anything if you give them a big enough suitcase full of cash.

Although I'm pretty gutted about how we are going to move to a position of being able to sign players as long as Newcastle don't want them, but I'm also intrigued to see who from Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City will suffer most.

5 PL places for the Champions League incoming.

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

You can make someone argue anything if you give them a big enough suitcase full of cash.

Although I'm pretty gutted about how we are going to move to a position of being able to sign players as long as Newcastle don't want them, but I'm also intrigued to see who from Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City will suffer most.

5 PL places for the Champions League incoming.

It's not incoming, it's already here. Based on clubs coefficient, if you are in the top but fail to qualify you are guaranteed a spot.

So 6 PL Champions League places incoming.

• Like 2

I must admit I find this one a bit hard to gauge. On the one hand it’s another super rich family buying up a club with a huge history and fan base. Potentially making them into a massive powerhouse. And if I was a fan I think that would be hugely exciting. Is it the responsibility of fans to police the club and who owns it? 
On the other hand these are some really shady characters. They make the Chelsea owners looks like Disney princesses. Heavily implicated in the brutal murder of a journalist, massive question marks over workers rights and modern slavery, zero regulation in their own country where laws are passed to essentially steal other people wealth. 
I think the Premier League need to get a bit of backbone here and stop this. We’ve seen the power players and fans have with the Super League debacle. I’d like to see something similar done here. But it won’t happen. 

31 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I agree but lets hope it does not get our owners to throw in the towel 

That’s my worry. Lerner threw in the towel when he realised his fortune was pocket change in comparison to the Man City owners.

Now that we know they will be a powerhouse, all eyes on getting them relegated just for the giggles. New manager will have to get the best out of existing squad before buying in Jan window - and we all know too many at once can be a negative. Rafa would have been absolutely perfect - If I was them I'd pay the compo to get him off Everton.

Be nice if the Man City owners thought we’re out of our depth now let’s bow out but given the muscle flexing the royal families all do in that corner of the globe, I imagine it’ll mean they’ll try to up the stakes themselves. 

Honestly don’t know how I’d feel if the House of Saud took over Villa, given the fact bin Salman and Dad are tyrants but it’s hard not to be envious of Newcastle fans right now. 

Probably only going to ruin the game some more in the long run. 

33 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's not incoming, it's already here. Based on clubs coefficient, if you are in the top but fail to qualify you are guaranteed a spot.

So 6 PL Champions League places incoming.

Good point. Completely forgot about the new “don’t worry, you’ll get in anyway” Champions League rules for the “big” clubs.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Seems fair.

again that's nonsense

they are in investment fund, they dont have £260bn sat in a bank, they have investments, shares and assets, of that £260bn portfolio newcastle will be £300m, £45bn of it is in SoftBank, £3.5bn of it is in Uber, they own a bit of Disney, facebook, IBM, boeing, citigroup, BP...they've have their fingers absolutely everywhere

its like our owners money is tied up in NS ownership of adidas, he's not going to sell adidas to fun us any time soon, the saudi's wont be selling their share of uber to buy mbappe

Â