Christian Benteke

Kwan

i have a question: what if benteke change his mind and stays would the fans forgive him?

If he gave 100%, then sure. If he is going to sulk and cry, then no.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

i have a question: what if benteke change his mind and stays would the fans forgive him?

Of course.  He can say he was badly advised (which he is).  We do actually want him here.

• Like 1

Of corse it's happened before and it will happen again, but the relationship with the fans won't be the same.

I think so, as soon as he scores a goal or two. After all, he's not done anything truly unforgiveable, slagged off the club etc.

It's basically what has been reported by he local media, that he has been given till the first week in Aug, I however think it will rumble on.

1st week of August - thats not very long before the start of the season to get someone in!

Personally I don't think that is the deadline. I'm still inclined to think it is actually the day he returns to training - the 18th - unless negotiations are at a very advanced stage with somebody.

Whoever blasphemes against the Aston Villa will never be forgiven, he is guilty of an eternal sin. However, if he scores a few goals for us next season then the smite will not be so great.

:) 

• Like 1

I wont be forgiving him. As far as Im concerned hes been nothing but insulting on a few occassions towards Villa which for me is taking the piss. Yeah hes a brilliant player and all but hes a pleb

After many years of similar situations I've stopped emotionally investing in players which makes it easier and sometimes even unnecessary to 'forgive'.

If CB performs well for us on the pitch, it makes it easier to forget his shenanigans off the pitch.

If he gave his all for the team, and signed an extended contract then I would welcome him back into the team. I don't know whether I would fully trust him again, but I never really did in the first place anyway.

Oh, and getting a new agent would help as well.

Edited by NeilS

If he does stay i'll celebrate when he scores, but wont be singing his name. I'll sing the name of whoever did the assist, and if he made the goal himself... i'll just sing for Guzan instead!

• Like 1

Yeah - it'll never be quite the same though.

Same as what?

I understand why he was idolised by some, goals will do that. I just never really got it myself. There was always something about his demeanour that turned me off him to a degree and the fact that we've known all along that he would walk as soon as the big clubs and the big clubs came knocking. If he stays and continues to score goals that's great, I'm well up for that. I'll sing his name as I always have, nothing will change. 

We've a few players more worthy of our idolisation - Gabby, Weimann, Lowton, Guzan... The club will move on. Things will always be "the same".

• Like 3

so its better that he just leaves?

I would rather him stay for one more season.

If he plays well, then he has earned his chance to move onto better teams.

Edited by Daniel

so its better that he just leaves?

No. It's better that he stays and gives 100%, which I'm confident he would do in that situation.
  • Like 2

Â