Christian Benteke

Kwan

Ok guys the funniest remark yet made by an Arsenal fan on Skysports

"Arsene Wenger should offer Aston Villa3 players: Niklas Bendtner, Andre Santos and Emmanuel Frimpong for Christian Benteke only"

• Like 1

Their success largely depends on whether or not Villa get silly with the asking price as to whether Spurs close the deal.

Villa get silly? You cheeky basterd we can ask for what we want. I normally pay no attention to the rags but this sentence has really got under my skin.

"Arsene Wenger should offer Aston Villa3 players: Niklas Bendtner, Andre Santos and Emmanuel Frimpong for Christian Benteke only"

I can't understand these gloryhunting fans. Do they think we would accept their crap cast offs and how exactly would they fit into our team? 

so its better that he just leaves?

If no decent offers come in for him before our deadline, and he gets on with the job he is paid for, then I have no problem with him in a Villa shirt next season.

I always thought he was using us as a stepping stone anyway, but never quite imagined how ruthless, cut throat and disloyal he would be.  I know footballers are like prostitutes these days, but he's really pissed on his chips here. I certainly won't be singing his name again, thats for sure.

I can't understand these gloryhunting fans. Do they think we would accept their crap cast offs and how exactly would they fit into our team? 

He's just listing the players he doesn't want at Arsenal and thinks Aston Villa is one of those crap clubs who would take them.

i have a question: what if benteke change his mind and stays would the fans forgive him?

Yeah - it'll never be quite the same though.

Same as what?

I understand why he was idolised by some, goals will do that. I just never really got it myself. There was always something about his demeanour that turned me off him to a degree and the fact that we've known all along that he would walk as soon as the big clubs and the big clubs came knocking. If he stays and continues to score goals that's great, I'm well up for that. I'll sing his name as I always have, nothing will change. 

We've a few players more worthy of our idolisation - Gabby, Weimann, Lowton, Guzan... The club will move on. Things will always be "the same".

Well before he handed in a transfer request - we all knew that he was a bit too good for us, we've all known that for some time, but you can't deny that him actually signalling that he wanted to leave changes things somewhat. 

Yes ill never forget the way he just brushed smalling off like he were some washed up pissed up pub player

This is why losing him would be a real setback, because not only can he show power and pace like that, but also finesse and awareness like his first touch backheel to set up weimann. His aerial prowess then there was that massive leap to head in where his head rose above the crossbar! The guy has so much talent, people say he is raw, but I don't think he is that raw, yeah his finishing can still improve and he get caught offside a little too often, but the mans touch is very good. So often did we see heakey jump up and win the header only to see the ball balloon off his foot as soon as he tried to control it, but CB more often than not would keep hold of it, thats why he reminds of Drogba, because Drogba wouldn't just win the header and have the strength to shield the ball but the touch to make the ball stick as well as the pace and dribbling to run with the ball and power past defenders. This guy is only 22 and can get better its scary how good he can become, but he needs another season at Villa!

• Like 1

i have a question: what if benteke change his mind and stays would the fans forgive him?

If he gave his all for the team, and signed an extended contract then I would welcome him back into the team. I don't know whether I would fully trust him again, but I never really did in the first place anyway.

Oh, and getting a new agent would help as well.

His agent has caused most of this trouble. Benteke really does need to look into a new agent who won't try to force moves every season. A player's success can't be rushed. 3 Clubs in three years is not a good thing. 

• Like 1

Benteke is as much at fault as his agent , he isn't naive - he said the day he came that one day he wished to play for arsenal, he used genk in the same way - if he goes to spurs he will be looking for another move before long - reminds me of anelka - another greedy sulky footballer.

Yeah - it'll never be quite the same though.

Same as what?

I understand why he was idolised by some, goals will do that. I just never really got it myself. There was always something about his demeanour that turned me off him to a degree and the fact that we've known all along that he would walk as soon as the big clubs and the big clubs came knocking. If he stays and continues to score goals that's great, I'm well up for that. I'll sing his name as I always have, nothing will change. 

We've a few players more worthy of our idolisation - Gabby, Weimann, Lowton, Guzan... The club will move on. Things will always be "the same".

why Lowton? I like the guy as he always puts in a good performance and played nearly every game last season, but who's to say he's more loyal than Benteke? Would he be happy to stay if clubs like chelsea and tottenham were chasing him? It's not the case right now, so we don't know.

A guy like gabby probably could have gone a few seasons ago, when he was in his early 20s and scoring more goals than last season, but he really loves this club, as does a guy like albrighton.That's why he deserves every bit of credit from the fans. This club is his life.

Â