Christian Benteke

Kwan

we now have spurts fans discussing with each other on a villa forum.

You couldnt get your hat on could you?

Why not when it has relevance and insight into the discussion.

It's a Spurs fan quoting another Spurs fan once in a 519 pages thread.

I'm holding myself to mostly read only in this thread.

It's too full of anger, desperation and delusion throughout for it to make any sense to involve in debate as an outsider

Entertaining to read though

You know where the door is...

It's too full of anger, desperation and delusion throughout for it to make any sense to involve in debate as an outsider

There are quite a few spurs fans in here yes.

Some delusion perhaps, where is the desperation you talk about?

It's too full of anger, desperation and delusion throughout for it to make any sense to involve in debate 

yes,  you are right we could do without the spurts fans posts

Some delusion perhaps, where is the desperation you talk about?

That will be spurts desperation to get Benteke for a pittance

I have come here after previously spending many years at h&v forum and would like to say how impressed I am with the set up here - its very good and thanks for making me welcome .

Welcome Eastie! Glad to see you've upgraded to VT

:D

Cheers pal , good to be here :)

Don't think Bale's leaving this summer.

He's too much used in promotion by Spurs, the Premier League and the tv rights holders. Truelly is the face of the Premier League these days.

Also gotten himself involved in private sponsor ship deals tied into the Premier League.

Think you might be right though that Spurs are willing to sign players knowing there's a Bale windfall in future years.

Transfers are usually paid over years, sometimes the years of said players contract. Real Madrid as an example still owe Spurs £20m for Modric.

Only oil doped clubs pay all at once. Signing players now feels safe for Spurs as they know when downpayments are due Bale will have been sold.

Bale will obviously leave, but it doesn't seem likely this summer

Is that the same Gareth Bale who was the face of the Great Britain olympic team and yet never played for the Great Britain olympic team?  

http://theoriginalwinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/adidas-Gareth-Bale.jpg

EDIT:

£35 MILLION OR DO ONE

Edited by praisedmambo

Don't think Bale's leaving this summer.

He's too much used in promotion by Spurs, the Premier League and the tv rights holders. Truelly is the face of the Premier League these days.

Also gotten himself involved in private sponsor ship deals tied into the Premier League.

Think you might be right though that Spurs are willing to sign players knowing there's a Bale windfall in future years.

Transfers are usually paid over years, sometimes the years of said players contract. Real Madrid as an example still owe Spurs £20m for Modric.

Only oil doped clubs pay all at once. Signing players now feels safe for Spurs as they know when downpayments are due Bale will have been sold.

Bale will obviously leave, but it doesn't seem likely this summer

Could have said the same for Benteke and Villa promotion.  

Getting so infuriated now with Tottenham, got quite a few mates who are spuds fans and they like the posters on here all are the same, think Bale is worth 130mil or whatever  Levy is mouthing off about if Real want him but think Beneteke is max only worth 15mil as he could be a one season wonder.

as someone said above 30-35mil or just do one.... how many great seasons has Bale had now, 3?  Fair dues he has proven he is world class and Benteke has had one amazing season... so way I see it is when being compared to Bale we can divide Bales value by 3 great seasons to value Bentekes worth to Tottenham with him so far having had one great season  = about 43 mil

Edited by honest_bertie

appreciate it is a simplistic way of looking at it but just getting so annoyed with all the pro spurs media and what they will pay, can handle the fact he wants to go now, over that, just want it sorted and if he does go Villa must get what he is worth, 30 mil minimum.

Edited by honest_bertie

Anyway Spurs fans aside, i can see Benteke staying at Villa next season :(

Lets hope so as he is a top top player.  A 30M player and when can we afford one of them?  Even clubs in this league supposedly challenging for champions league cant afford one of them so we'd be doing well to have one in our team

It will be interesting to see how we are when he steps out at Villa park on the 24th in that case

If we don't get a suitable off from a (or 'the') team that Benteke wants, I wonder whether he will sign a new contract to add an extra year to his current deal?

If not, he's going to stay on his current £20k p/w wages.

Either way, we're in a win/win/win situation !

Anyway Spurs fans aside, i can see Benteke staying at Villa next season :(

Lets hope so as he is a top top player. A 30M player and when can we afford one of them? Even clubs in this league supposedly challenging for champions league cant afford one of them so we'd be doing well to have one in our team

I'd definitely have no problem keeping him as our player if he puts 100% in, which to be fair he can't afford not to.

He has a lot to make up for to us fans and to our club of course, this could be done with goals I am sure.

• Like 1

If we don't get a suitable off from a (or 'the') team that Benteke wants, I wonder whether he will sign a new contract to add an extra year to his current deal?

Either way, we're in a win/win/win situation

fantastic position really we are in.

wonder if many fans will get his name on the back of the shirts if he does stay? ;)

Anyway Spurs fans aside, i can see Benteke staying at Villa next season :(

Lets hope so as he is a top top player.  A 30M player and when can we afford one of them?  Even clubs in this league supposedly challenging for champions league cant afford one of them so we'd be doing well to have one in our team

It will be interesting to see how we are when he steps out at Villa park on the 24th in that case

I'd hope the fans would want to show that they love the fact that a top player like that plays for our team and they value him more than any other fans in this division,  certainly more than a bunch of arrogant **** who think he is worth no more than andy **** carroll.

• Like 1

Either way, we're in a win/win/win situation !

You can't honestly really wonder whether he'd do that. Give Villa an even stronger hand in all of this after handing in a transfer request, just for the short-term benefit of a few extra quid. I agree this is all win-win for Villa but I think he has made it clear that the current contract is the only one he'll be signing at Villa.

Â