Christian Benteke

Kwan

Our squad is fairly packed at this stage, so if we do sell, it's hard to see us replacing him with 4/5 "cheap" players. We will probably either pay big bucks for a couple or bank it. Maybe a downside to having brought so many players in so quickly?

There Is no doubt in my mind that should Benteke leave,  PL will bring in another striker.

receive £25m for Bentekke - £10m on striker, £5m CB , £5M CAM - £5M Randy - that would be good - sadly i don't think lambo will go for another CB

why Lowton? I like the guy as he always puts in a good performance and played nearly every game last season, but who's to say he's more loyal than Benteke? Would he be happy to stay if clubs like chelsea and tottenham were chasing him? It's not the case right now, so we don't know.

A guy like gabb(y probably could have gone a few seasons ago, when he was in his early 20s and scoring more goals than last season, but he really loves this club, as does a guy like albrighton.That's why he deserves every bit of credit from the fans. This club is his life.

However when gabby was younger and freescoring - Aston Villa were a better prospect than they are now. Bentekke has a chance to push for CL with spurs - or be at midtable (and thats being kind) with villa. 

even better, he didn't leave when we were falling down the table. I don't believe Gabby couldn't get out to a club like everton around the time Downing and Young left, when we started to struggle. he stayed because he loves this club.

Benteke should first prove himself in a second season, let's not forget he has only succeeded when he was the n°1 striker with a coach who would back him up no matter what. He failed at Mechelen and Standard because he was sometimes put on the bench. he is still young and mentally not the strongest I think (that's why his agent can convince him to change clubs so often)

If he doesn't play every game at tottenham, he probably won't perform as well as he did for us last year. Which will lead to more games on the sidelines.etc (hypothetical, but not impossible).

is bowery ready to be back up 'targetman' though? i dont think he is, but then i dont think helenius is ready to be a starter yet, but then i said the same about benteke, lol

if we get like 30M€ for benteke hypothetical wich garantueed goalgetter will come to villa for 20K/week? we need to invest in the wages and get rid of the guys who get paid like 80k/week and sit on the bench.

Get £25m for benteke and £6m for bent and show hutton,fonz,bannan and allbrighton the door then spend £12-15 and get 2 or 3 new faces in and that would be ideal.

We wont spend £10-12m on one player though imo.

Benteke's replacement will be in the £5-8m bracket. For example, at the start of the transfer window, I think we would have been quite happy if we knew Benteke was leaving and we signed Nicklas Helenius and Andreas Cornelius for a combined £10m. Obviously I know Cornelius is now with Cardiff but I think thats the kind of player we'll look at. Young, Hungry, Cheap.

Can anyone confirm that Eris Kismet is Benteke's former teacher? If he is, that might explain why CB seems to be doing exactly what EK is telling him to do.

i can confirm that he used to be a teacher. 

udate: i can confirm that he was benteke's private tutor at racing genk.

the guy was fired from racing genk because he interfered with manager buisness he forced sinan bolat from racing genk to standard. this guy got his wealth from leaching. 

Edited by Belgian guy
  • Like 1

Can anyone confirm that Eris Kismet is Benteke's former teacher? If he is, that might explain why CB seems to be doing exactly what EK is telling him to do.

i can confirm that he used to be a teacher. 

udate: i can confirm that he was benteke's private tutor at racing genk.

Thanks Belgian guy. Perhaps CB needs to get himself a proper agent and leave the pupil teacher relationship behind him.

I haven't been able really to afford a day out at Villa for a few years now - but i relish attending either first game of the year of Benteke is still with us, or our first home game against where ever he goes to, just so I can vent my opinion.

Â