Christian Benteke

Kwan

i have a question: what if benteke change his mind and stays would the fans forgive him?

If he gave his all for the team, and signed an extended contract then I would welcome him back into the team. I don't know whether I would fully trust him again, but I never really did in the first place anyway.

Oh, and getting a new agent would help as well.

Would be great if he signed with Helenius agent .. lol ..

i have a question: what if benteke change his mind and stays would the fans forgive him?

Yeah - it'll never be quite the same though.

Same as what?

I understand why he was idolised by some, goals will do that. I just never really got it myself. There was always something about his demeanour that turned me off him to a degree and the fact that we've known all along that he would walk as soon as the big clubs and the big clubs came knocking. If he stays and continues to score goals that's great, I'm well up for that. I'll sing his name as I always have, nothing will change. 

We've a few players more worthy of our idolisation - Gabby, Weimann, Lowton, Guzan... The club will move on. Things will always be "the same".

why Lowton? I like the guy as he always puts in a good performance and played nearly every game last season, but who's to say he's more loyal than Benteke? Would he be happy to stay if clubs like chelsea and tottenham were chasing him? It's not the case right now, so we don't know.

A guy like gabby probably could have gone a few seasons ago, when he was in his early 20s and scoring more goals than last season, but he really loves this club, as does a guy like albrighton.That's why he deserves every bit of credit from the fans. This club is his life.

Yeah and every season when Gabby's form has dipped I end up trawling through endless Gabby is shit posts! His goals and assist over the last few seasons without them we would have been relegated twice! And when you consider the fact he has been carrying back and hamstring problems for most of the last two season is saying something.  The truth is us fans can be real ungrateful bastards! We want loyalty from a player only when it suits us!

• Like 3

as does a guy like albrighton

This is why it makes me sad that certain "fans" seem to love writing Albrighton off every chance they get. We should be encouraging players who really want to play for the club, specially a player who's a fan of the club and is currently living the dream that all of us wish we could be. Imagine being Albrighton and hearing other Villa fans calling you shite. Must be horrible for him. Specially as he comes across as a confidence player anyway.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

so its better that he just leaves?

What do you think is for the best?

i simply don't know tbh i would love if he stayed but i don't get what a transferrequest includes. he has 3 years left so he can request a transfer as much as he wants if villa simply sais "no ur staying here". than thats it he is bound by his contract so villa still holds all the cards imo. but i also understands why he wants an transfer if you see where the rest of his teammates play (in the national squad and dont get this wrong) they all play in "europe topclubs". they all have wages like 180K/week and he gets offered like 40K/week? i know villa doesnt have the money for big wages. but yea..

Same as what?

I understand why he was idolised by some, goals will do that. I just never really got it myself. There was always something about his demeanour that turned me off him to a degree and the fact that we've known all along that he would walk as soon as the big clubs and the big clubs came knocking. If he stays and continues to score goals that's great, I'm well up for that. I'll sing his name as I always have, nothing will change. 

We've a few players more worthy of our idolisation - Gabby, Weimann, Lowton, Guzan... The club will move on. Things will always be "the same".

why Lowton? I like the guy as he always puts in a good performance and played nearly every game last season, but who's to say he's more loyal than Benteke? Would he be happy to stay if clubs like chelsea and tottenham were chasing him? It's not the case right now, so we don't know.

A guy like gabby probably could have gone a few seasons ago, when he was in his early 20s and scoring more goals than last season, but he really loves this club, as does a guy like albrighton.That's why he deserves every bit of credit from the fans. This club is his life.

Yeah and every season when Gabby's form has dipped I end up trawling through endless Gabby is shit posts! His goals and assist over the last few seasons without them we would have been relegated twice! And when you consider the fact he has been carrying back and hamstring problems for most of the last two season is saying something.  The truth is us fans can be real ungrateful bastards! We want loyalty from a player only when it suits us!

thats different not whole europe's topclubs are chasing his signature. he's not as wanted as Benteke is.

Belgian Guy ..

For me I really want Benteke to stay .. And I think he will .. Unless Spurs get the money from Bale then start throwing .. and if that's the case .. the club must hold for 30m !!

Put it that way .. I think the club want to block the transfer when they haven't met an agreement with Benteke's agent .. Then they told him if you want to let Benteke move write a request .. Then the club throwed the ball in their court .. While trying to do this process so they could reject any offer until it's crazy .. Then after forcing him staying and the date came .. They tell every club they will not accept offer .. So Benteke will either stay on the 20k or signs a new contract ..

Well .. That's what I'm hoping ..

I said i would not post on here till the matter was sorted....Had to do it tonight, it's been 130 pages plus on the same shit and it will be another 150 plus pages before it ends, time to change the subject i think.

Having your best player handing in a transfer request is a "fantastic position"?We have the best of a bad situation, yes.

Well, OK. But the best of bad situation is hardly the same as being in a "fantastic position". The latter would be where Benteke had signed a new contract and declared great enthusiasm for the coming season at Villa.

As it stands, it's unlikely that such an unhappy player is going to perform as well as last season and, even worse, could well cause serious ructions and spread demoralisation across your squad. Your club decision makers will have to decide whether the risks involved are worth turning down a transfer profit of £11m (my guess), being able to reinvest £19m in the squad and move on with a united set of players.

I'm not saying that Benteke's sale to Spurs will happen, but I am saying that the choices are more limited and more difficult than the vast majority of posts in this thread would indicate.

Spurs have lost several really good players in recent seasons - it's the way of the world. But we've mostly emerged with a stronger squad, because the sale proceeds have been spent mostly wisely. Villa can do the same.

Having your best player handing in a transfer request is a "fantastic position"?We have the best of a bad situation, yes.

Well, OK. But the best of bad situation is hardly the same as being in a "fantastic position". The latter would be where Benteke had signed a new contract and declared great enthusiasm for the coming season at Villa.

As it stands, it's unlikely that such an unhappy player is going to perform as well as last season and, even worse, could well cause serious ructions and spread demoralisation across your squad. Your club decision makers will have to decide whether the risks involved are worth turning down a transfer profit of £11m (my guess), being able to reinvest £19m in the squad and move on with a united set of players.

I'm not saying that Benteke's sale to Spurs will happen, but I am saying that the choices are more limited and more difficult than the vast majority of posts in this thread would indicate.

Spurs have lost several really good players in recent seasons - it's the way of the world. But we've mostly emerged with a stronger squad, because the sale proceeds have been spent mostly wisely. Villa can do the same.

Here's the thing about him making a fuss:  It's in his interest to perform to the best of his abilities.  He wants that next big paycheck with a bigger club, right?  So what good is him half-assing?  He would be devaluing himself making both the transfer to a bigger club and a higher salary less likely.  

Edited by tyklip
  • Like 1

Benteke is looking for Champions League football, Spurs don't offer that. They like to think they do in a similar vein to them liking to think they are a top club. If Benteke is leaving for the premiership outside of the Champions League I think Liverpool after Suarez departs is more likely than Spurs.

Benteke is looking for Champions League football, Spurs don't offer that. They like to think they do in a similar vein to them liking to think they are a top club. If Benteke is leaving for the premiership outside of the Champions League I think Liverpool after Suarez departs is more likely than Spurs.

Why? I'm sure Benteke would rather go live down in London with all his mates from Belgium than move up to Liverpool. 

Or are you saying that Liverpool are more likely to pay what we want?

Edited by PieFacE

nobody knows whats going to happen yet, rooney wants to leave manure, chelsea want rooney, manure will then need a proven goal scorer, step forward tekkers (this is just an unlikely possibility)

concerning benteke, when was the last time that this club had a 20 goal a season 'targetman', somebody guaranteed to score goals, somebody who not only can play others into attack but is able to score plenty themselves, well i cant remember the last time we had a striker like that, it must of been before my time (dean saunders and joachim were playing when i started supporting villa)

strikers like benteke come around once every decade, '1 in a million' we wont find anybody as good as him now, a tall strong powerhouse who knows where the net is, gone.

• Like 1

Or are you saying that Liverpool are more likely to pay what we want?

Is the correct answer and additionally I believe they'll be closer to the top 4 than Spurs this season

To be fair, if Liverpool do sell Suarez, I think you could be right. But i'm not so sure anyone will pay the fee Liverpool want for Suarez.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Real Madrid bought both Bale and Suarez and we kept Benteke.

Here's the thing about him making a fuss:  It's in his interest to perform to the best of his abilities.  He wants that next big paycheck with a bigger club, right?  So what good is him half-assing?  He would be devaluing himself making both the transfer to a bigger club and a higher salary less likely.  

He wants the next big move - which could be to someone considerably larger than Spurs - and he also wants to make sure he's starting for Belgium at the WC. He'll play just fine. 

Our squad is fairly packed at this stage, so if we do sell, it's hard to see us replacing him with 4/5 "cheap" players. We will probably either pay big bucks for a couple or bank it. Maybe a downside to having brought so many players in so quickly?

There Is no doubt in my mind that should Benteke leave,  PL will bring in another striker.

Our squad is fairly packed at this stage, so if we do sell, it's hard to see us replacing him with 4/5 "cheap" players. We will probably either pay big bucks for a couple or bank it. Maybe a downside to having brought so many players in so quickly?

The problem that I see is that we'll be looking to pay 20K a week wages max.its unlikely that nany £10-£12 million signings will accept such a low figure.

Same as what?

A guy like gabb(y probably could have gone a few seasons ago, when he was in his early 20s and scoring more goals than last season, but he really loves this club, as does a guy like albrighton.That's why he deserves every bit of credit from the fans. This club is his life.

However when gabby was younger and freescoring - Aston Villa were a better prospect than they are now. Bentekke has a chance to push for CL with spurs - or be at midtable (and thats being kind) with villa. 

Â