Christian Benteke

Kwan

If he stays and performs well and trains well he will have my backing , if he starts sulking and acts like Stephen Ireland then we have a big problem - remember dwight yorke at everton ?

• Like 1

Don't see how people are saying we are in a 'win-win' situation.

If he goes, we lose the spearhead of our attack, and will struggle to replace him.

If he stays, he may not be focused, could perform badly and end up being dropped from the team and his value plumetting.

If he goes, we lose the spearhead of our attack, and will struggle to replace him.

If he stays, he may not be focused, could perform badly and end up being dropped from the team and his value plumetting.

I'm not too worried about him playing if he stays.

I'm more concerned about losing the guy who scored or assisted half our goals last season.

That will not be easy to replace no matter how much money we have to spend.

If he goes we quadruple our money in 12 months and thanks to PL's time limit we get to re-invest in a timely manner.

If he stays, the world cup at the end of this season pretty much guarantees Benteke continues pulling up trees for us so as not to be replaced in the Belgian side by Lukaku.

• Like 1

^ both of those outcomes are more unlikely than the positive versions

Just wait for a couple of weeks when the real (Arsenal) &  plastic Big Boys (Man Citeh & Chelski) emerge & blow spuds derisory piss take offers out of the water.

Prepare yourselves VT to be over run by the arrogance of Liam Gallagher, the pomposity of Tim Lovejoy & the smarm of Piers Morgan infiltrating this message board.

Hopefully the Mods will offer a direct filter to the Spurts message boards for all non Villa fans so that the rest can all compete on `Yids Bids` for the Most Arrogant B......D Fans In Football Award.

My money's on Spuds..........................Just ;)

fantastic position really we are in. ....

Having your best player handing in a transfer request is a "fantastic position"? You should read 1984 by George Orwell: "War is Peace". "Ignorance is Strength" etc.

And you should purchase a dictionary and look up the word "context"

Anyway Spurs fans aside, i can see Benteke staying at Villa next season :(

Lets hope so as he is a top top player. A 30M player and when can we afford one of them? Even clubs in this league supposedly challenging for champions league cant afford one of them so we'd be doing well to have one in our team

It will be interesting to see how we are when he steps out at Villa park on the 24th in that case

Luckily for him, he enjoys playing against plop

Having your best player handing in a transfer request is a "fantastic position"? You should read 1984 by George Orwell: "War is Peace". "Ignorance is Strength" etc.

Benteke's TR isn't representative of our entire position is it? His low wages, 3 year contract and desire to play in the WC may have some sway too don't you think?

Can the ignore function be added to the mobile app please.

• Like 2

If we don't get a suitable off from a (or 'the') team that Benteke wants, I wonder whether he will sign a new contract to add an extra year to his current deal?

If not, he's going to stay on his current £20k p/w wages.

Either way, we're in a win/win/win situation !

You can't honestly really wonder whether he'd do that. Give Villa an even stronger hand in all of this after handing in a transfer request, just for the short-term benefit of a few extra quid. I agree this is all win-win for Villa but I think he has made it clear that the current contract is the only one he'll be signing at Villa.

If he was offered say £50-60k a week plus had a release clause at £25-30m then he may as well sign it.  In fact I don't really understand why the club and the player haven't sorted something like that out between them.  As it is, I can't see Spurs paying what we want.  Will anyone else come in?  Will that club necessarily make him a starter?  Will he then get overtaken by Lukaku and whoever else for Belgium?  I think he'll still be here come September, it's just a question of how he behaves when he doesn't get his way.

• Like 1

fantastic position really we are in. ....

& you should take Janet & John book one back to the library & pay your overdue fine on it.

If we don't get a suitable off from a (or 'the') team that Benteke wants, I wonder whether he will sign a new contract to add an extra year to his current deal?

You can't honestly really wonder whether he'd do that. Give Villa an even stronger hand in all of this after handing in a transfer request, just for the short-term benefit of a few extra quid. I agree this is all win-win for Villa but I think he has made it clear that the current contract is the only one he'll be signing at Villa.

I don't know BOF. I agree it's pretty unlikely, but it's not unheard of.

- Player hands in transfer request

- Doesn't get the move he wants

- Decides to stay with the club he's contracted to

- Wants to warm to the fans (again) so signs a contract extension (whilst also doubling his wages), then everyone forgets about the request

Admittedly, it happens more often with bigger players at bigger clubs (Rooney hands in transfer request, then gets mega-bucks! etc), but it's still a slight possibility in our situation (though unlikely).

I see what your saying BOF but didn't Modric do exactly that. Probably word the contract so he defo goes next summer. Heard of stranger things.

I've said it lots but I think he'll be staying because of the logic everyone keeps repeating.

- It is too big a risk for Spurs to be pay over the odds after 1 successful season.

- We know his potential and are under no pressure to sell for less. Especially when its to Spurs where the show has been on the other foot for the last 5/6 years (I'm sure that wont be lost on RL/PF).

- The only way this falls is if one of the big boys come in as they don't care about risk. Chelsea spent £50m on a clearly crocked Torres for instance.

Â