Christian Benteke

Kwan

tbh, a deadline we make only has limited power, unless Benteke then signs a new contract..I mean, if no-one bids before our deadline but someone comes along with £30m a week or two after, I suspect we'd sell..So even if he stays for now, the saga will most likely continue right up to deadline day.

tbh, a deadline we make only has limited power, unless Benteke then signs a new contract..I mean, if no-one bids before our deadline but someone comes along with £30m a week or two after, I suspect we'd sell..So even if he stays for now, the saga will most likely continue right up to deadline day.

Where is there quotes of there being deadline? 

Does anyone have a link?

wondering how many big name Villa departures actually turn out to do well in their new squad?

To answer that question accurately you would need the definition of 'do well'. Does it mean start regularly, play well regularly, win trophies regularly or just not be a complete arsehole?

Where is there quotes of there being deadline? 

Does anyone have a link?

I used google to get you this link.

It's basically what has been reported by he local media, that he has been given till the first week in Aug, I however think it will rumble on.

1st week of August - thats not very long before the start of the season to get someone in!

wondering how many big name Villa departures actually turn out to do well in their new squad?

To answer that question accurately you would need the definition of 'do well'. Does it mean start regularly, play well regularly, win trophies regularly or just not be a complete arsehole?

haha sorry yes it was a very broad answer....I would say that last Villa player that actually went on the accomplish a lot for the club was Dwight Yorke.  I guess who became extremely crucial for the team, I guess Barry and Milner can be on the list, but Ashley Young has been a dud, Downing....well ummm no need to explain.

Coming from a Canadian, I see this classic move a lot in basketball and hockey where players demand higher pay or are playing for a contract but then when they get the big contract they are an absolute failure because well they got the money.  Just sounds like Benteke is hungry only for money rather than for glory. 

haha sorry yes it was a very broad answer....I would say that last Villa player that actually went on the accomplish a lot for the club was Dwight Yorke.  I guess who became extremely crucial for the team, I guess Barry and Milner can be on the list, but Ashley Young has been a dud, Downing....well ummm no need to explain.

Coming from a Canadian, I see this classic move a lot in basketball and hockey where players demand higher pay or are playing for a contract but then when they get the big contract they are an absolute failure because well they got the money.  Just sounds like Benteke is hungry only for money rather than for glory. 

People's definitions will vary but you could add Andy Gray to the list who went on to win a cup with Wolves and I believe Alan McInally had a degree of influence at Bayern Munich and I suppose Gareth Southgate was quite influential at Middlesbrough.

There will be others if you think back but it is all subjective.

Â