Christian Benteke

Kwan

Daily Mail reporting spurs will bid £20m as a first bid - seems like he's going folks 

And you're believing the Daily Mail because?

Oh come on - there hardly saying the martians have landed are they ?

Whatever the relationship is, between the two of them it's bloody minded ambition.

They've misjudged this one. If Benteke is as good as he thinks and I suspect another season like the one he's just had and he'll be signing for one of the best teams in the world, not Tottington town.

Or perhaps he doesn't fancy that he's that good, but either way Spurs would be an odd choice for me. Not a sideways step because they are clearly much better than we are but a small step for a player with such promise. If he succeeds at Spuds then they will not sell him but for a ridiculous bid. If he repeats last season's form here we won't be able to keep hold of him, but for the irresistible bids from big clubs.

Either way I don't really care as long as we get what is best for Villa, an in form and firing Christian Benteke or lots and lots of cash.

Daily Mail reporting spurs will bid £20m as a first bid - seems like he's going folks 

Yeah but anyone could say that Spurs are about to bid 20m next week. It's an obvious link, just because it's in a paper doesn't mean it's true. 

Yeah but anyone could say that Spurs are about to bid 20m next week. It's an obvious link, just because it's in a paper doesn't mean it's true. 

Perhaps - but it seems when and how much they bid - rather than no bid forthcoming. Id love him to stay - but if hes going lets get it over with - and get a replacement settled in. 

£20m would be quite promising as an initial bid imo. I half expect their first bid to be between £15-18m. Always reject the first bid. If they bid £35m as their first bid I would reject it just to see how much we could drain them for.

I think an initial bid of £20m is OK. Reject it and ask for £30m.

Think we'll settle at £25m + add-ons.

It's hard to imagine Spurs going too high, they just missed the Champions league, haven't sold anyone this summer and have already broken their transfer record at £17m. 

I'm sure they want him but it's probably going to depend on flogging players they don't want, most obvious being Adebayor. 

I wonder if interest from Chelsea or Arsenal is solid or I suspect Christian will be coming back with his tail between his legs (or going on strike of course). 

Maybe we're only asking for 20m?

Of course whats overlooked is how much lambo gets to spend. If we only got £20m - we'd all feel a little let down - but if Lambo was given the whole of that to spend id be quite pleased, Ironically that would better in football terms than getting £25m - but Lambo gets £8m to spend

We will reject it.

Of course we will - but IMO we will do a deal at around £23m + add ons

Smetrov

You are as bad as the Spurs fans.

No add ones, £25m - simple. Unless Chelsea join in and then I expect the fee to be £30m.

There really is no pressure on Villa, we do not have to do a deal and WE HOLD ALL THE CARDS!

I wonder when Daniel Levy managed to find time to give this snippet of information to David Kent at the Mail online? "It is understood" said David .... Oh well that's good enough for me then!

We will reject it.

Of course we will - but IMO we will do a deal at around £23m + add ons

Smetrov

You are as bad as the Spurs fans.

No add ones, £25m - simple. Unless Chelsea join in and then I expect the fee to be £30m.

Too be honest that's not a bad offer, depending on the add ons... But say its something like £2m for making champions league, £2m for making world cup squad and a 10% sell on clause.... That would give us very good return

• Like 1

Â