Christian Benteke

Kwan

We should start contract negotiations the moment we beat Chelsea on Saturday.

Give the lad 40/50k a week. Same goes to Weimann.

Our front 3 are deadly.

That's what got us into this mess in the first place! I doubt the board are going to clear all the high earners from the books, replace them with young, cheaper options and then immediately give them a hefty wedge.

35k tops.

He deserves at least 45k based on goals alone. Give him Irelands wages when we boot him out and sorted. We are still cutting the wage bill this summer by a ton anyway with Petrov, Given, Dunne, Bent, Hutton all either leaving or contract expiring.

We should start contract negotiations the moment we beat Chelsea on Saturday.

Give the lad 40/50k a week. Same goes to Weimann.

Our front 3 are deadly.

That's what got us into this mess in the first place! I doubt the board are going to clear all the high earners from the books, replace them with young, cheaper options and then immediately give them a hefty wedge.

35k tops.

He deserves at least 45k based on goals alone. Give him Irelands wages when we boot him out and sorted. We are still cutting the wage bill this summer by a ton anyway with Petrov, Given, Dunne, Bent, Hutton all either leaving or contract expiring.

Give him £30k a week and £15k per goal

Like his age, but is he prolific enough?

Yes. Yes he is.

Thanks wasn't sure at the time!

3rd top goal scorer in the Belgian League last year and his strike partner Jelle Vossen was second so he probably help him out with a few of those. Get him in I say. Plus the talent coming out of Belgium in recent years has been fantastic.

You skipped this one ;)

I would be shocked if he got anywhere near 10 league goals for us this season.

Really?

He could quite feasibly have 3 already for us if he hadn't missed a couple of sitters.

Now, you could say that proves he'll miss loads and not score many.

Or it could be that he's lacking a bit of confidence and it hasn't quite clicked yet, but once he settles down he'll grab a fair few goals.

For me it's the latter. he's gotten himself into enough scoring positions to show he could well grab a handful of goals this season.I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the 10 goal mark at all.

B) 

I'm a GENIUS! 

I think 30/35k a week basic + 10k per goal would be a good compromise.  Should maintain his hunger for scoring and if he doesn't produce the goods next year then we won't be broke like Ireland/Given/Dunne have made us for very little return. 

Good news.

Link

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke appears ready to commit his future to the Premier League club after declaring himself "very happy".

The 22-year-old Belgium international has enjoyed an impressive first season with Villa after moving from Genk for £7m last summer.

He has scored 22 goals, including 18 in the Premier League, and that has led to speculation linking him with a big-money transfer.

However, Benteke told the Birmingham Mail: "I am very happy to play at Aston Villa.

"I try to enjoy doing my job. When I come to the training ground I try to keep smiling because some people in their life have some hard jobs so we have to enjoy our jobs. That's why I try to be positive all of the time.

"When I came the fans gave me a lot of respect and I try to give it to them back on the pitch."

Benteke was named the players' young player of the season at Villa's annual awards dinner on Tuesday evening.

He said: "I am very proud to get this trophy but I would like to say thank you to my team-mates and to the supporters. The supporters are with us all the way and I'm very proud.

"I think Paul Lambert is a very good manager. We have a young squad and he is always behind us. For a young team like us it is very important to have a trainer that is behind us."

All looks good and well but I am afraid if one of the big dogs step in with a massive bid, then what?

Either way, I want him here. Seems like someone who has brains and he can certainly score a goal :)

He needs to improve this for next season

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 1m

50 - Christian Benteke has been caught offside more often than any other player in the PL this season. Loitering.

Nah. Change nothing. It keeps defenders on their toes and keeps them deep. Job's a good'un. That's his game and I like his game. Let's not fix what ain't broke.

Â