Christian Benteke

Kwan

Dortmund won't be bidding. Benteke will command over £20m. There could be a number of reasons why he'd leave earlier.

I would like to think that the club would not consider anything under £30m, and perhaps push for something eyewatering.

Dortmund have a potential £50m burning a hole in their pocket, and a need to gve their supporters something positive.

I can't particularly think of any other reason why the guy would be there, particularly after he cut short what was a short visit in the first place.

The one thing the media have been saying is that Benteke will stay because he needs regular first team football ahead of the World Cup. Dortmund can offer that,plus Chumps League as well.

I don't think that they will offer enough, so we are in agreement there.

Rumour has it that Klopp had a £30m transfer budget before the sale of Mario Gotze.

Maybe Klopp is leaving and they want lambert. He is a god there

Imagine that and he takes Benteke and Weimann with him

Rumour has it that Klopp had a £30m transfer budget before the sale of Mario Gotze.

Maybe Klopp is leaving and they want lambert. He is a god there

Imagine that and he takes Benteke and Weimann with him

Weimann isn't anywhere near good enough for that team.

Probably did cost us the game today with his sending off as we were controlling the game up until it happened. I personally think the second yellow for the high boot on Terry was harsh, but should of seen red instead in the first half for his intentional elbow on whoever it was, names eludes me. 

Regarding his future in the Summer I think he will go Dortmund, they can offer him first team and CL football, plus they will have 80m+ to spend after selling Gotze and most likely as well Lewandolski(?) just depends how much we get for him now. 30m hopefully, but probably knowing Lerner it will be less with none/or little of the money going towards reinvestment in the team, remember MON left for the same reason after the Milner sale.

33/1 on him joining Dortmund

Where please?

Only place offering odds via Oddschecker is Bet Victor, 33/1, looks like its time to open up another betting account ;)

33/1 on him joining Dortmund

Where please?

Only place offering odds via Oddschecker is Bet Victor, 33/1, looks like its time to open up another betting account ;)

Dam you trees, coming on here after 9 monyhs with news like that :). Next u will be telling me he is off on the dortmund private yet. Guess i better get some money on at 33/1

I had a feeling he was going to get sent off second half. He always seems to risk a booking when he makes a jump vs a defender, and after Ramires was sent off the ref was always looking to try and even up the teams. While if it was anyone else I would have subbed them but Benteke is like 2 strikers in 1 for us, we cant take him off. He offers so much as we saw after we went down to 10 men we looked a competely different team. He should have been told to not get sent off at half time and to keep 11 men on the pitch as I think we would have easily won that game if that was the case, but he isn't even looking at Terry and trying to just get the ball.

The ref didn't have the best game, there are so many questionable rules in football, handballs in the area, and a foot up, back pass rule. Its getting silly, you will see the exact same thing happen a number of times over a season and different refs give different results for each one. For me Terry was last man too, why doesn't the ref go to his lino for advice on that?

Hopefully Benteke stays with us for one more season and he has a world cup to worry about so unless hes going to get first team football I think if we offer him a payrise he will take it and stay. He seems happy. If we do have to sell him I hope it is to a european team. If a massive club in the CL come knocking then we may have to look for a deal unless he clearly stats he is happy to stay, which he might do. I dont think anyone in England will be coming after him now, Spurs look likley to miss out on CL football and Arsenal wont spend that money on him.

Apart from the defence and a massive blip during winter time, we haven't looked too bad this season, the last couple of months we have had top 6 form. Hopefully he stays as I think we will be up there next year with the likes of Everton and Liverpool, no reason why we cant be if we keep hold of our front trio and reinvest the wages/money of others that are leaving with some experienced and better defenders.

He should have won Player of the Year, we'd be gone if it wasn't for him.

g7AoxO5.jpg

Benteke and Sylla who are the other two?

Williams and Johnson (or Delfouneso if you were to believe the senile old man who sits behind me).

Â