Christian Benteke

Kwan

He should have won Player of the Year, we'd be gone if it wasn't for him.

g7AoxO5.jpg

Yeah I agree, but then we'd be gone if it wasn't for Guzan too. He should have got at least one of the supporters awards. Hope he doesn't feel underappreciated, he's absolutely magic.

Not sure how Weimann got an award over Benteke... specially an award from the supporters... seems a bit strange that one...

When Benteke arrived he thought we were in London, then in one of his first media interviews said he supported Arsenal.

That might not explain the supporters' choice. Perhaps they wanted to spread the credit around.

Not sure how Weimann got an award over Benteke... specially an award from the supporters... seems a bit strange that one...

I voted for Weimann over Benteke, purely because I thought Benteke would win the main player of the year award.

I voted for Weimann over Benteke, purely because I thought Benteke would win the main player of the year award.

Yeah I think he was probably a victim of distorted voting for that reason. 

Either way, I think Benteke knows that the fans adore and love him. I remember reading the article last year where it said that 70% of the shirts sales was with his name and he said it was an honor and so on. Add to the speculation in media and all the hype, I am pretty sure he knows he is crucial. Besides, I rather doubt that it all silent around the club and no one tells him anything. But yeah, he deserves an award but it didn`t happen. 

Either way, I think Benteke knows that the fans adore and love him. I remember reading the article last year where it said that 70% of the shirts sales was with his name and he said it was an honor and so on. Add to the speculation in media and all the hype, I am pretty sure he knows he is crucial. Besides, I rather doubt that it all silent around the club and no one tells him anything. But yeah, he deserves an award but it didn`t happen. 

He got an award.

I'm loving the fact that we have a dominant striker on his way up...not since Dwight Yorke could we say that. I really hope we hang on to him for another few years. 

We should start contract negotiations the moment we beat Chelsea on Saturday.

Give the lad 40/50k a week. Same goes to Weimann.

Our front 3 are deadly.

That's what got us into this mess in the first place! I doubt the board are going to clear all the high earners from the books, replace them with young, cheaper options and then immediately give them a hefty wedge.

35k tops.

Â