Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think Lambert will mentor him - and will say to him that if he proves himself here, he can go to one of the very big clubs.

Nothing to stop him going to Bayern, Madrid etc if he continues to improve his game and I think he definitely has the ability to do that.

I think Lambert will mentor him - and will say to him that if he proves himself here, he can go to one of the very big clubs.

I imagine he already knows. His self-assurance is growing game by game and he'll know when the time is right.

Just hope we get a year or two more out of him, he's the best thing to land in B6 in a long time.

He probably does and thats why it is important for him to stay. Not only for our sake but for his sake too, and I want him to move to a big club when the time is right, would be a shame to see him end up like adebayor for spurs.

Good news.

Link

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke appears ready to commit his future to the Premier League club after declaring himself "very happy".

The 22-year-old Belgium international has enjoyed an impressive first season with Villa after moving from Genk for £7m last summer.

He has scored 22 goals, including 18 in the Premier League, and that has led to speculation linking him with a big-money transfer.

However, Benteke told the Birmingham Mail: "I am very happy to play at Aston Villa.

"I try to enjoy doing my job. When I come to the training ground I try to keep smiling because some people in their life have some hard jobs so we have to enjoy our jobs. That's why I try to be positive all of the time.

"When I came the fans gave me a lot of respect and I try to give it to them back on the pitch."

Benteke was named the players' young player of the season at Villa's annual awards dinner on Tuesday evening.

He said: "I am very proud to get this trophy but I would like to say thank you to my team-mates and to the supporters. The supporters are with us all the way and I'm very proud.

"I think Paul Lambert is a very good manager. We have a young squad and he is always behind us. For a young team like us it is very important to have a trainer that is behind us."

Yep very good news, Doesn't exactly say he doesn't want to leave aha but yeah i'm not surprised his attitude is fantastic. And it sound like he thinks he owes us before he considers anywhere else :D

i don't think that anyone really knows here why Benteke wanted to leave racing genk so badly . the main reason was that he didn't feel apreaciated by the most of the fans they booed him very much. the difference with aston villa is that he feels apreaciated here and he gets the full confidence of the trainer and the supporters everyone believe's in him and support him. Benteke doesn't look like he would care cause he looks like a beast but its very important for him to feel accepted and apreaciated.

I know there will be a day that he will leave Aston villa i hope that if he leaves aston villa he won't get hated by everyone that would make me feel very sad =/

btw he isnt a Arsenal supporter he just ment that he dreamed as a kid to play for an english club he gave an example like arsenal it was just wrong communicated.

I am glad I read this. Benteke, the gentle giant (except on the pitch)  :D

i don't think that anyone really knows here why Benteke wanted to leave racing genk so badly . the main reason was that he didn't feel apreaciated by the most of the fans they booed him very much. the difference with aston villa is that he feels apreaciated here and he gets the full confidence of the trainer and the supporters everyone believe's in him and support him. Benteke doesn't look like he would care cause he looks like a beast but its very important for him to feel accepted and apreaciated.

I know there will be a day that he will leave Aston villa i hope that if he leaves aston villa he won't get hated by everyone that would make me feel very sad =/

btw he isnt a Arsenal supporter he just ment that he dreamed as a kid to play for an english club he gave an example like arsenal it was just wrong communicated.

This is very good news!

I hope that red card isn't the last time we see the Muscles From Brussels in a Villa shirt.

I hope not. Hopefully we stave off any interest. If we don't I'd imagine it will be a healthy sum but we want to making progress so keeping our most important player is key.

Â