Christian Benteke

Kwan

Disappointing game from Benteke yesterday, just didn't get going, which I am surprised at as all the talk of him and Arsenal, I expected a big game.

To be fair though, Wenger did play Diaby for the first time in ages for the sole reason to track him on all our attacks.  Diaby and Arteta doubled up on him throughout the game.  This worked in our favour though as Diaby on the ball was shite and gave us the ball back a lot on the first hour, and killed a lot of momentum from a lot of Arsenal attacks.

It was no coincidence that when Diaby went off and Corzola moved back into the middle with Wilshere they started peppering the goal.  Benteke still played shit though. 

this is the reason why we still need Bent. if Benteke plays bad he needs to subbed just like any other player would be. Bowery isn't t the player to have an impact and the other option is to change your tactics during a game (which I'm not sure all of our players can do/understand)

• 2 weeks later...

wouldnt say a no show. when our outball is aimed at him then better teams are going to know how to counter him. He won a lot of headers but most of flickons went to City players as was 2 or 3 players usually around Weimann or Gabby

Not at his best tonight but not really his fault. the players around him were off key except Delph.

Need a big game from him against Reading. He can bully the hell of their defence - he did it last time we played them. Might not be able to so much against QPR now that they have Samba, in fact I'd be tempted to play Bent and Weimann in that one.

clearing in the woods on talksport this morning

Benteke is wasting his time at Villa i can see him playing for Arsenal

You can **** have him as long as we recieve a massive chunk of the so called 120 mill warchest they have lined up for the summer

Edited by AshVilla

he's not Top 4 material yet so if he went to a club like that he'd only end up warming a bench or going out on loan

apart from money , he'd be better off staying with a club like us for another year or so where he is playing week in and week out

he's not Top 4 material yet so if he went to a club like that he'd only end up warming a bench or going out on loan

apart from money , he'd be better off staying with a club like us for another year or so where he is playing week in and week out

Agreed so we sell for £25m and loan back for season... Simples...,(not that I think he is worth that much, nor arsene wenger to pay that)

I think he would get ahead of Adebayor at Spurs. Most reports say Spurs are looking to Benteke to replace him.

Yeah, there were rumors that spurs were after him, but I think they will go for a more proven striker. However, be it a team in PL or not, there will be a bigger and better club that will come in with bids. If I were him I would be cautious, there is a big chance he might become a sub instead of a main striker. A lot of his game is flawed, though I thought he did better on that yesterday. But honestly, I don`t see him being top 4 material just yet. 

But I won`t be mad at him if he wants to move on either, I just hope when that happens that we get our moneys worth.

He'd walk into Spuds, Arse, Chelsk, even Citeeeehs teams imho, and only RVP would keep him out at Ure.

A real shame we can't have him for 3/4 years.The ineptitude of the owner and manager has put paid to that.

They're the only reason he's here in the first place  :wacko:

Â