Christian Benteke

Kwan

Anyone know how many bookings Benteke has picked up now ? Is he far off a suspension

Apparently he has 5. So I assume he's already served a suspension at some point. So he's 5 away from another.

Another goal! How many for the season is that now? Absolutely bossed the Reading defence. Need him to be up for every single game to keep us in the hunt for survival!

IF we stay up I bloody hope we can keep him for one more year. Absolutely class.

(Also scored our 1000th premier league didn't he?)

16 goals in a struggling side is a bloody good return. 9 games to go - reckon he can break the 20 goal barrier!

Its not just his goals,  but his sheer presence. He holds the ball up so well and wins everything in the air. Hard to believe he is only 22. 

16 goals in a struggling side is a bloody good return. 9 games to go - reckon he can break the 20 goal barrier!

Its not just his goals,  but his sheer presence. He holds the ball up so well and wins everything in the air. Hard to believe he is only 22. 

If we managed, somehow, to get 4 points from the next couple of games there'd be a real lift in pressure, and he might actually manage to be the first man in a long time to get 20 league goals in a villa shirt. I know that'd mean 8 from 8, but a couple of braces and that looks a lot more doable. If we get beat next week though, I can't see it

Gabby got the 1000th, and it was Benteke's 16th of the season and 12th in the league

Hasn't he also scored 2 for Genk and 3 for Belgium this season so he's on 21

Will be the best striker in Europe in a few years

I think that is unlikely if for no other reason than you never know what players will emerge but he certainly has the raw attributes to be in contention for that sort of accolade. It will take a lot of good fortune, hard work and better players around him to achieve it he certainly can't achieve it in our colours.

That said, I'm not sure he will even be the best striker in the Belgium team!

Â