Christian Benteke

Kwan

He was crap today but without him this season we'd be in even bigger shit than we currently are.

Lets just hope today was a blip and he puts in the kind of performances in thee last 11 games that we know he can. If he does it will go a long way to seeing us safe and help him secure a move to a club that can challenge at the top end of the league.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

howmany usefull balls  he get today? like 1-2? max. even falcao would be shit witht this poor ballsuply jeez why dont understand nobody

Take the Benteke goggles off...

Even someone as obsessed with him as you, you have to admit sometimes he isn't good enough. 

Edited by KjParton

Horrible game all in all. Did literally nothing to contribute except being marked by arsenal defenders. Hardly a feat for a strike like him. I don`t expect him to keep putting goals in every match but stuff like this is important. This has happened before and it is not a good sign at all. If he wants to go to a top club then appearances like this can only be far and few between. Let`s hope he shapes up for the city game, though that one will be quite hard.

He was poor today. I think in hindsight, his decision to wear a sandwich board saying "please sign me Arsene, please" around his neck must have weighed him down.

Spent the first 20 minutes trying to score a wonder goal, then pretty much disappeared.

howmany usefull balls  he get today? like 1-2? max. even falcao would be shit witht this poor ballsuply jeez why dont understand nobody

Take the Benteke goggles off...

Even someone as obsessed with him as you, you have to admit sometimes he isn't good enough. 

i am just saying he doesnt get much usefull balls the most balls he get are just dropped in the box or given to late wich he cannot use...

I recall the Arsenal defenders saying they needed to watch him prior to the game... Didn't see the match but it sounds as though they did what they set out to do & took him out of the game? Anyone see it? Is that what happened or was he just poor?

No, he just did F-all.

On todays performace you would happily take what we paid for him back ,that said Nzog was also pretty poor both unable to link effectively 

You'd take £7m for Benteke?

He said that on yesterdays performance,he would happily take £7m for him.I wouldn't disagree with that.

I don't often agree with what CI says but i definately agree that he is getting hyped up too much,both on here and in the press.Pre Liverpool,a large section of our fans were getting restless over Bentekes contribution.Ghent fans were saying before he played a game for us that his bread & butter finishing needs to improve-It hasn't.He had a purple patch against Liverpool & Norwich,early December and then contributed nothing bar converting a penalty untill he scored a great goal at WBA.2 fantastic goals at Everton seem to have been the catalyst for all of this hype & paper talk & he took them both superbly but when people are talking about quality balls in,they should think about how those goals were created.I didn't think he gave us much against West Ham either but perhaps the fact that we won the game hid that fact a little.

Benteke is different & is certainly hard to play against.He is a valuable member of the squad & NO I would not accept £7m for him but he needs to find more consistancy to justify some of the accolades that he is recieving at present.

Â