Christian Benteke

Kwan

Wasnt long ago that Spurs were in the same position as us and built a young team that took them up the table.

Their fans seem to forget these and are very arrogant about their status in the game.

Benteke is just what Spurs need though.

spurs manage to make money from sales and reinvest it though. we were bleeding money at that time period and unable to sell the majority of our players. we've had 17 players leave for free the last 5 seasons, if we got even £3m each for them in resale we wouldn't have had all the cost cutting we have

That's because we are a soft touch and have no business savvy

Letting Curtis Davies go to SHA for £200k is just **** mad

Hes worth at least £3m FFS !!

He was not worth 3m when he hadn't played football for a few seasons.  Plus he was shite for us when Laursen had to retire. 

Edited by PieFacE

there was a time when we was better than the spuds

its a pity that the spectacular goals he has scored for us havnt been more benefitial, ie, challenging for europe, we might have had more of a chance of keeping him, instead of fighting relegation, which is all thanks to our awful defense

How about we be ambitious instead for once and go for Lukaku under the noses of the baggies

He would cost upwards of 12 mill but we could sell Bent and i think Benteke would commit and stay at the thought of playing alongside his Belgian buddy it would also be a show of ambition and that at least were trying to compete

I think defenders would cry themselves to sleep at night thinking about facing a front 2 of Benteke and Lukaku

A pipe dream i know but we all can dream

How about we be ambitious instead for once and go for Lukaku under the noses of the baggies

He would cost upwards of 12 mill but we could sell Bent and i think Benteke would commit and stay at the thought of playing alongside his Belgian buddy it would also be a show of ambition and that at least were trying to compete

I think defenders would cry themselves to sleep at night thinking about facing a front 2 of Benteke and Lukaku

If we kept Benteke then Lukaku wouldn't be someone I'd be going for - too similar.

If Tekkers does go then maybe, itwouldn't surprise me if he's back out on loan again next season but the bagmen would probably be ahead of us seeing as he's had a decent year there.

Lukaku is going back to Chelsea were he will probably be ahead of Torres. They paid near 20 million for him

Benteke should fire his agent he bastard he the one who caused problems @ genk =/

his agent is doing his job. players make a fortune from transfers, as do agents

i just think he is making Benteke look stupid and uncommitted though, if i was a club like Tottenham i would take being used as a stepping stone as an insult, he only got away with it for us because he's single-handedly won us points on occasion 

Spurs are a massive step up from us though?

Spurs are a massive step up, especially if they have CL football next season

i think you misunderstood, i am agreeing with you, i am just saying if i was in charge of buying spurs players and i knew that Benteke wanted to use Spurs as a stepping-stone to go on and play for Arsenal i would not be happy about signing him to say the least

Spurs will surely be in the top 4 at the end of the season. They are much better than Arsenal at the moment and I think they might see Benteke as a potential cheaper version of Adebayor who currently is doing very little especially for those crazy wages he is on. 

I sometimes wonder if we tend to overhype this kid. I mean, he's been tremendous this season, but not flawless. He's missed some sitters and gone invisible for a few games. No wonder he has, he's 21/22 and still learning. I love the kid. He's been a very bright light in our almost endless darkness this season, but I doubt anyone would pay the kind of money that's been mentioned here. Around £15-20m I think. And maybe not that wanted by the big clubs yet. As AVFC90 said, he might still be a one season wonder. I hope we can keep him for another year and then see where we are and where he is.

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder if we tend to overhype this kid. I mean, he's been tremendous this season, but not flawless. He's missed some sitters and gone invisible for a few games. No wonder he has, he's 21/22 and still learning. I love the kid. He's been a very bright light in our almost endless darkness this season, but I doubt anyone would pay the kind of money that's been mentioned here. Around £15-20m I think. And maybe not that wanted by the big clubs yet. As AVFC90 said, he might still be a one season wonder. I hope we can keep him for another year and then see where we are and where he is.

This is how I see it as well, if we can stay up I think he will stay with us for at least one more season. The trick then, is to show him a drastic improvement in our performance as a team and convince him to sign a new contract. On a personal note for CB If he performs well again for us next season, then bigger clubs than Spurs will be sniffing about him.

The only club that will come in for him this summer would be Spurs, as they could do with extra strength and numbers up front, but whether they are willing to lay out the big bucks we should demand for Benteke remains to be seen. All of the other top clubs are well stocked in the forward department, and will want to see a bit more of CB to see if he is better than what they have already got.

• Like 2

Well...I do put questions as to why spurs would go for him also. They might be going for someone that is more "safe", and the same for arsenal. However, there is no doubt in my mind that we will get several offers on him. And there is a big chance of him leaving then I would suspect, but we will see. All in all I rather see him stay here then not, he could be a vital player for us. The downside of this is that we need more quality for him to play with.

Sorry but today he was just woeful

I cannot understand how a player can have an absolute stormer against Everton then look so rubbish the next game 

People may argue age is a factor and he's still young but i also think his agent mouthing off to the media touting him about to other clubs may have had a bit to do with it

At the end of the day he's still a Villa player and needs to give 100% in every game between now and the end of the season

Judged on today's performance he's got one foot outside the door already

Edited by AshVilla

Â