Christian Benteke

Kwan

What goes around comes around though. We didn't give a **** about loyalty when we were trying to sign him from Genk.

I wasn't talking about loyalty, I fully expect him to move on and won't blame him for doing so.

I was talking more about timing, with 12 games to go and a relegation battle I would have hoped it could have waited.

Players + Cash from Spurs?

No, no, no. NO.

Daniel Levy is probably the most savvie Chairman in the Premier League, he can sell who he wants to whoever he wants, for an obscene amount of money. Just look at Hutton, Bent, Palacios etc. On the other hand, we have a pair of idiots in charge.

If we enter into negotiations with Spurs for a player plus cash deal for Benteke then we'll end up getting £2m and an already out of contract Dawkins.

Player(s) + cash from spurs may work ok.

What Spuds player(s) had you in mind CI?

Personally, i don't want any more makeweights while selling our players after the Milner-Ireland deal.

If Benteke leaves then it is for nothing less than 25m.

If he was a Spud's player what price do you think Levy would put on his head? Nothing less than the above figure i would presume.

Edited by Morpheus

In an ideal world we have 2 scenarios....

We stay up and we keep Benteke for another season and we then begin to show some ambition and finish higher up the table....

We stay up and Benteke gets sold for 20m.... we re-invest that money into the team and sign 4 quality 19-24 year old players with that money along the lines of (Caprari, Cavanda or Bony)

What I fear will happen is either we go down and we lose Benteke, or we stay up and sell him and then Lerner pockets the cash -_-

We stay up and we keep Benteke for another season and we then begin to show some ambition and finish higher up the table....

We stay up and Benteke gets sold for 20m.... we re-invest that money into the team and sign 4 quality 19-24 year old players with that money along the lines of (Caprari, Cavanda or Bony)

What I fear will happen is either we go down and we lose Benteke, or we stay up and sell him and then Lerner pockets the cash -_-

I agree with what you're saying, but I don't think it's realistic to expect Lerner to re-invest all of the funds from Benteke's probable sale. He's shown his cards over the past few years, and if we are lucky enough to stay up and make a profit on Benteke, then I wouldn't expect Randy to be re-investing it all back into the playing squad while we continue to make huge losses year on year.

Edited by Shillzz

I agree with what you're saying, but I don't think it's realistic to expect Lerner to re-invest all of the funds from Benteke's probable sale. He's shown his cards over the past few years, and if we are lucky enough to stay up and make a profit on Benteke, then I wouldn't expect Randy to be re-investing it all back into the playing squad while we continue to make huge losses year on year.

Indeed I do agree with you there mate, it's a bit sad really, you would think Lerner might have a bit of business acumen..... " let's use the money from Benteke to buy a few more prospects and therefore make more money selling them on"...... Would be more of a gamble and I don't think Lerner has any fight for a gamble nowadays!......

Personally, i don't want any more makeweights while selling our players after the Milner-Ireland deal.

If he was a Spud's player what price do you think Levy would put on his head? Nothing less than the above figure i would presume.

Never mind all that...who's the clunge in your avatar?

• Like 1

If it was merely a case of selling him for a handsome profit and re investing fine, providing we have the ability to go out and repeat that calibre of signing.

I fear, Benteke is the exception ( unfortunately) rather than the rule.

Kelly Brook.

Kelly Brook.
Can she play LB ?

Kelly Brook.

1343397079496.jpg

just swap benteke for adebayor and 5mil :P

jus kiddin xD

Spurs can't afford him Champions League or no Champions League, nor can Arsenal. When's the last time either paid £20mil plus for a player?

Dembéle

Edited by Belgian guy

Have we not learnt from the Ireland deal

Seriously just money... No gash/Injury prone spurs rejects in exchange please

Im talking about players such as Huddlestone Jenas Bentley and various other names i could puke at the thought of us accepting in exchange

• Like 1

Â