Christian Benteke

Kwan

Will be the best striker in Europe in a few years

That's along the lines of a sgc quote... He is good and could become better with hard work, but i really doubt he'll be the best striker in the world

Er being pedantic he didn't say he would be ;)

That's along the lines of a sgc quote... He is good and could become better with hard work, but i really doubt he'll be the best striker in the world

The ability and physique are both there for him to equal Drogba in effectiveness to be fair. That'd have him as one of the best in the world in his role since there aren't many of that type of player knocking around right now

If you just look at his progression as the season has gone on as well, his finishing has gotten miles better. When he is the finished article, I pray we never have to face a team with him in it! Unless it's Champions League, of course... ;)

Edited by LockStockVilla

If we stay up, I am hoping we can keep him for another season. I don't think he is good enough to start for any of the top clubs yet so he would likely be used as a sub. He is better off playing here than sitting somewhere else.

If we stay up, I am hoping we can keep him for another season. I don't think he is good enough to start for any of the top clubs yet so he would likely be used as a sub. He is better off playing here than sitting somewhere else.

Hopefully that's his line of thinking too. Or at the very least, we sell him to one of the top clubs and get to take him back on loan for the season

Im hoping that as well because he has another season like this, in a better team he could be a 20 goal a season man and therefore £30 million plus. 

He's a foreign Harewood at best.

That's my attempt at an SGC-esque quote...

Going back to when he came to us, just how highly was he rated in Europe?  Lambert has to take huge credit for Benteke, I hope he has a list of other targets of similar unknown quality as he's in theory made back nearly all the money he spent in one player's valuation.  Picking Sylla from obscurity shows he or someone he knows must have a massive dossier on European players that can be bought on the cheap.  That's why we need to keep Lambert, and if we stay up and if in the summer the wage ratio gets closer to the 60% mark (with the increase in TV money and shifting some more of the shite it shouldn't be far off?) then I think we should be steadily moving back on the upward curve.

• Like 3

I heard Real Madrid uncrumpled the £28m offer fax, wiped off the bits of cucumber and loaded it into the fax machine. Florentino Perez currently has his finger hovering over the send button.

Good job I didnt type "World" then.

As a Belgium international, I would imagine that he hadn't gone unnoticed by quite a few clubs, but we were the only club to take the gamble this season, some may have been monitoring his development at genk for another yr..

It would need us showing a little more ambition. Im not so sure he ants to be playing in a struggling team again next year. If we do show that ambition, im convinced he will stay.

Wenger knew of him, and was very surprised in his words that he'd moved to us.

If Wenger knew of him he would have signed him instead of Giroud or even Gervinho. Wenger is becoming a parody same way he knew of Cabaye and didnt sign him

Â