Christian Benteke

Kwan

Quiet first half. His unbelievable self second half. Haven't loved a player this much since Yorke.

Enjoy it while it lasts, this bloke will be off in the summer I expect. As long as we get a decent replacement I wont really care...

If we are in the Premier League next year we don't have to sell. Unless the offer is over £30 million, in which case we could reinvest that.

Otherwise I'd wait a year - because we can do that - until we get an offer that is over £30 million.

Villa is not a selling club if we can help it. I would expect another year from Benteke (unless we get the £30m+).

An extra year could benefit Benteke, he is still quite raw. Today he gave the ball away a hell of a lot, I doubt he could afford to play like he did for large parts of the game today at a 'top' club.

That said there's bound to be a number of offers for him and I seriously doubt that he'll be here. I can see him and his agent forcing a move if there's serious interest. I wouldn't blame him for that either, he clearly is a highly ambitious guy and Villa will never be able to match his ambitions.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

If we are in the Premier League next year we don't have to sell. Unless the offer is over £30 million, in which case we could reinvest that.

Otherwise I'd wait a year - because we can do that - until we get an offer that is over £30 million.

Villa is not a selling club if we can help it. I would expect another year from Benteke (unless we get the £30m+).

We were a selling club when we were top 6!

If Benteke wants to go, he will go. If he's happy plying his trade for a lower mid table team then we might just keep him

Yeah he will go.

We've been lucky to see him  for 12 months, we just have to realise we are a selling club.

Most clubs wouldn't be able to keep hold of someone like Benteke for long.

Longer than 10 months though,

Yeah he will go.

We've been lucky to see him  for 12 months, we just have to realise we are a selling club.

He hasn't gone yet.

Yeah he will go.

He hasn't gone yet.

10 months aren't up.

Yeah he will go.

He hasn't gone yet.

10 months aren't up.

Can you see the future then?

Edited by Mantis

Yeah he will go.

He hasn't gone yet.

10 months aren't up.

Can you see the future then?

Our best player = cash

Randy Lerner + Cash = £3m for a replacement.

Â