Christian Benteke

Kwan

Going back to when he came to us, just how highly was he rated in Europe?  Lambert has to take huge credit for Benteke, I hope he has a list of other targets of similar unknown quality as he's in theory made back nearly all the money he spent in one player's valuation.  Picking Sylla from obscurity shows he or someone he knows must have a massive dossier on European players that can be bought on the cheap.  That's why we need to keep Lambert, and if we stay up and if in the summer the wage ratio gets closer to the 60% mark (with the increase in TV money and shifting some more of the shite it shouldn't be far off?) then I think we should be steadily moving back on the upward curve.

I recently read that he had a scout watching Genk when they spotted Benteke, but initially he was there to look at another striker. I think its reasonable to assume that he was looking at Jelle Vossen, who has scored 20 league goals for them the last two seasons and currently looking to score even more this season. I wouldn't mind seeing those two together next season.

Wenger knew of him, and was very surprised in his words that he'd moved to us.

If Wenger knew of him he would have signed him instead of Giroud or even Gervinho. Wenger is becoming a parody same way he knew of Cabaye and didnt sign him

Why would he have? Giroud top scorer in France and people may laugh at Gervinho now but when he signed from Lille he did actually come highly-rated. Benteke would have been a huge risk for him bigger than the two you have mentioned.

If Wenger knew of him he would have signed him instead of Giroud or even Gervinho. Wenger is becoming a parody same way he knew of Cabaye and didnt sign him

Why would he have? Giroud top scorer in France and people may laugh at Gervinho now but when he signed from Lille he did actually come highly-rated. Benteke would have been a huge risk for him bigger than the two you have mentioned.

the price tag of benteke would've represented zero risk for a club like arsenal

If we stay up, I am hoping we can keep him for another season. I don't think he is good enough to start for any of the top clubs yet so he would likely be used as a sub. He is better off playing here than sitting somewhere else.

It would need us showing a little more ambition. Im not so sure he ants to be playing in a struggling team again next year. If we do show that ambition, im convinced he will stay.

I believe if we stay up and bring in a couple of players, we will do much better next season. We have a young team with some good talents so hopefully they will get better and better each season. 

for 7 million? a team like Arsenal can take that risk, United did it with Chicarito ans compared that Chelsea paid 20million for Lukaku it really isnt a risk.

Was paying double for Giroud really a more sensible price at the time. As for Gervinho anybody that had watched him would know what a headless chicken he actually was, Hazard was outshining him at a younger age

for 7 million? a team like Arsenal can take that risk, United did it with Chicarito ans compared that Chelsea paid 20million for Lukaku it really isnt a risk.

Was paying double for Giroud really a more sensible price at the time. As for Gervinho anybody that had watched him would know what a headless chicken he actually was, Hazard was outshining him at a younger age

I don't think Arsenal could afford to take that risk if they didn't have the money to get both Giroud and Benteke and even if that point, I'm not sure he'd like two out and out 9's.

It'll be a huge shame when the big man leaves but he's been a class above and has everything to his game maybe apart from killer instinct in terms of scoring goals within the 6 yard box. His return goals and assists though in such a struggling team says it all. 

Â