Christian Benteke

Kwan

I can understand why Spurs would be sniffing around him. He's better than them. Therefore they'd improve themselves by getting him. Which is what all clubs are trying to do at the end of the day. I'd be surprised if he settled for them though. In part because I don't think the miserable scrote that is Daniel Levy would stump up the readies and I think there will be plenty of sides out there willing to do business.

• Like 1

Benteke has 15 goals in 28 games in total. That's over 1 in 2. Pretty clinical I'd say, especially given how few chances we create.

Imagine if he'd buried some of the sitters he's missed too.

His stats would become frighteningly good

IMO his stats are already frighteningly good when you consider the quality (or lack of) of players around him.

• Like 1

Benteke should fire his agent he bastard he the one who caused problems @ genk =/

his agent is doing his job. players make a fortune from transfers, as do agents

i just think he is making Benteke look stupid and uncommitted though, if i was a club like Tottenham i would take being used as a stepping stone as an insult, he only got away with it for us because he's single-handedly won us points on occasion 

I'd imagine having had their fingers burnt in the Ireland Milner deal a swap deal would be out of the question.... If it did happen though surely it would be a " young hungry player" to fit in with the current philosophy.. Plus it would have to be someone the manager wants... Naughton or Caulker maybe??

Benteke should fire his agent he bastard he the one who caused problems @ genk =/

his agent is doing his job. players make a fortune from transfers, as do agents

i just think he is making Benteke look stupid and uncommitted though, if i was a club like Tottenham i would take being used as a stepping stone as an insult, he only got away with it for us because he's single-handedly won us points on occasion 

Spurs are a massive step up from us though?

Wasnt long ago that Spurs were in the same position as us and built a young team that took them up the table.

Their fans seem to forget these and are very arrogant about their status in the game.

Benteke is just what Spurs need though.

We need to auction him to the highest bidder, hopefully get something like £24m and reinvest in similar players.  The likes of Dawson and Parker aren't what we need or what Lambert wants.  Lambert is no fool, he must have a massive dossier of European players that would be much better value for money.  Even if Benteke does leave we could still have Weimann, Bent and Gabby at the club, if we get the right support players in with the money we will be flying.

Various rumours in the newspapers today that Arsenal have 70 mill to spend in the summer

Benteke suddenly got more expensive...

Typical Arsenal propaganda around this time of year. They always have a war chest that never materialises. They're worse than Doug.

Benteke will end up at Spurs, it's nailed on for me. They'll sign two strikers this summer, so the Spurs fans opinion is mute.

I don't want to see us dealing with Spurs in any way, shape or form. Levy is a perennial pants-puller-downer, and he'll take great pleasure in arse **** Faulkner with a Dawson shaped dildo.

Edited by Shillzz
  • Like 1

I can't see him signing for Spurs... Doesn't he support Arsenal for starters?

To be fair, I doubt the rivalry is as big overseas as it is in North London, those of us who live outside of the UK don't tend to grow up learning about the history of local derbies. (I stand to be corrected)

The two exceptions I think would be Real-Barca and Utd-Liverpool (perhaps soon to be superseded by Utd-City), but the strength of those rivalries outside of the UK owe more to the sizes of the clubs involved than geographical and political factors. For example, if you were a United fan in Singapore, you wouldn't have a very hard time at all finding Liverpool supporters to argue and banter with, but if you were a Chelsea fan, god knows where you would learn about the Chelsea-Fulham derby, let alone find Fulham fans in your vicinity.

Spurs are a massive step up, especially if they have CL football next season

It's **** sad.

Â